Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Decision

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 12:39 AM
3rd Gear
Default Big Decision

Ok. I am faced with a huge decision. My fiance and I are planning a vacation in October for a week. We have narrowed it down to 4 spots. I need all your help to pick which one. I would like some advice from from all of you that may have traveled to one of these as well. Here they are -

London
Amsterdam
Canada
Costa Rica

Costa Rica is on our list because it's been our main place to visit the past few years. I have been going there for vacation twice a year for the past five years. I would like to go there but Amsterdam is at the top of my list. I'm just not sure if 6 nights is long enough to enjoy it enough? The flight is long as hell I've heard. Has anyone visited Amsterdam? I really hate flying and don't know if I could handle that flight? Any thoughts would be great. We are going in October, so the weather should be ok at all of the destinations. Thanks for the help!

Old 05-23-2006, 12:41 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Big Decision

Where in Canada? That's like saying "I'm going to the US." You could be going to NYC or Pine Bluff, AK.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:43 AM

Quite a diverse list of places. It seems that you both need to decide what kind of vacation you want. Costa Rica would be dramatically different than Amsterdam. Depending on where you went in Canada, each of the locations is absolutely awesome.

You'll have much harder decisions to make after your married. Just throw a dart on this one, you won't be disappointed.

Cheers!

Chef

Old 05-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Senior Administrator

Wait'l February and do Carnivale, in Venice, or Sao Paolo... Sao Paolo's wilder, I hear. Venice' is nice, too, and can get sorta wild, if you know where to look (I speak from 4 years experience with teh Italian version.)

Old 05-23-2006, 03:52 AM
2nd Gear

Octoberfest Germany Anyone?!?!?!?

Old 05-23-2006, 06:37 AM
4th Gear

BOCKTOBERFEST. now thats a good time. all the beer you could ddrink just miles frmom tthe brew. and a great concert. man I wish I could go next year.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:11 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: cary12

London - Big city, great history, great museums and historical sites, good nightlife, expensive as holy fu<K, small cars, everyone drives like Schumacher, best chance of getting your head kicked in by a mob of drunken skin heads with funny accents, soccer, soccer riots, pissing in the street, fighting, more fighting in the street, Queen Elizabeth, curry and chips, Prince Charles talking to his plants, **** food, extreme alcohol consumption.

Amsterdam - beautiful city, great people, hot women, dirty women, even better museums, the Anne Frank House, threesomes with supermodels - or one-armed one-eyed 3'6" midgets, legal drug use, bikes, soccer, soccer riots, Brits and Germans everywhere, Vespas, hot women on Vespas, the color orange.

Canada - eh? Big country??

Costa Rica - beautiful country, beautiful people, cheap, rain forests, great biking and white water rafting, scary *** insects, and I slept with a beautiful, young Doctor from Costa Rica about 6 years ago and she tasted like caramel butter.

Have a great time where ever you end up going!