Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billboard War !! Audi vs Bmw

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Talking Billboard War !! Audi vs Bmw

This is great, classic competitors having a little fun and tossing around tons of money on billboards.

This is the first one.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/13/a...eets-of-socal/

Then a photo shopped one by another auto blog reader I believe.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/17/a...billboard-war/

Old 04-17-2009, 12:55 PM
1st Gear
Old 04-17-2009, 01:52 PM
6th Gear

i like this one from the zine

Old 04-26-2009, 04:06 AM

BMW IS better fool. Audi's are nice but they just can't seem to get on top of BMW and that is a fact. look it up before you go claiming Audi is better.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:54 AM
4th Gear

BMW and Audi...

Idk what what Audi has created lately I'm starting to really think they're almost on the same level.

But BMW has some ******* niceee *** cars.

I love them both.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Guru

At that level of performance your pretty much paying for a name now. Audi has great interiors, so does BMW. BMW has AWD, Audi was the original. When racing these cars on, say, a road course it would probably come down to the driver if you had an M car vs an S-Line car.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:52 PM
3rd Gear

Nobodies seen the one about Audi saying "We never were any good at Chess" and they have a picture of the Audi from the LeMans and it says Come play or something.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
2nd Gear

OOOORRRRRRRR........

its like comparing dick size....
or arguing whether a ferrari or lamborghini is the better car.......
at that price, you buy the car YOU want, who gives a rat's *** if it won car & driver 10 best?
for instance, i dont care if a particular bmw is faster than a particular audi.....i LIKE audi's
and will ALWAYS choose one over a bmw....even if i lose 1second in the 1/4mile, or 5mph top speed, and 1mpg, and 1mph in the slalom.......WHO CARES?

you cannot say "bmw makes a better car than audi"
just because bmw wins EVERY comparo car & driver puts it in, doesnt mean anything....and just because an M3 is faster on a racetrack than an rs4, doesnt mean its a BETTER car, just means its faster on a racetrack.....and since i drive on highways/backroads, racetrack domination is far from the forefront in my mind

and i hate to tell you, but if your one of those people who would buy a dodge 1500 over a ford/chevy 1500 JUST because it can tow 400lbs more....and autoweek picked it as the "best in test" then you are NOT in fact a car enthusiast, and you can GTFO!
show me facts, and practical things to validate your decision, such as, it handles better to me, the seats fit me better, i like the way it looks better, ive had good experiences with dodge, i got better financing...lol

if you pay any attention to the car magazines, every one of them will tell you that on paper, and in a head to head performance test, the vw/audi, usually never comes in 1st, but if they had to take one of the cars home for a daily....its almost always the vw/audi.......so what does that say?

so, mr simpleviolet, since nobody provoked you to come on an audi board, in a thread about some humorous billboard competition, and call people "FOOLS" you can get out

/rant

Old 04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
4th Gear

damn m6amba... chillax!

I like the billboard that Audi actually did put up later - a front-on shot of an R8 in the dark with the headlights on, on a black background, and text, "You'd better check your luxury badge - it may have expired." Shortly after Audi put up the new billboard, the BMW billboard was replaced with something else entirely.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:05 PM
2nd Gear

ehh, im cool

i just hate jerks like him who come in here and start talking bmw this bmw that....if you like them so much join a beemer board....duh

THAT billboard would be AWESOME!...you able to find a pic?

Quick Reply: Billboard War !! Audi vs Bmw