AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Blu-Ray/PS3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/blu-ray-ps3-89512/)

01A4T 01-28-2008 10:29 PM

Blu-Ray/PS3

Hey guys, I know we have had a few threads about this in the past, but I thought I would share.
Went to Best Buy tonight looking for an HD-DVD player(because they were pretty cheap) Got to talking to the sales guys, and they said I would be a fool to get HD-DVD as about 90% of movie companies are signed on with Blu-Ray. The guy convinced me to buy the PS3. So 430 bucks later, I am very very happy with the Impulse buy.:D It came with Spiderman 3 and 5 more free Blu-Ray movies. Picked up an HDMI cable for 20 bucks from Target(much better than paying upwards of 100 bucks at best buy).
Loooong story short, PS3+HDMI cable+LCD T.V.= :D:D:D:D
That is all.

i3uddha 01-28-2008 11:17 PM

RE: Blu-Ray/PS3

lol yeah i wouldve LOL@you
if u got the HDDVD... only a matter of time till the remaining studios go either sual format or exclusive bluray..

grats on the ps3 & welcome to the Hi Def club..:D

Kraysaw 01-28-2008 11:36 PM

Yeah good call on listening to the sales guy and going with the PS3. Sony's finally getting payback for VHS winning over Betamax!

ocadam 01-29-2008 01:30 AM

Congrats on joining the PS3 club!

Audi_Skydiver 01-29-2008 01:39 AM

Now get COD4, add me to your buddy list: xTc_Mortuus and then lets play! Ok good.

Josh

01A4T 01-29-2008 02:04 AM

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

Now get COD4, add me to your buddy list: xTc_Mortuus and then lets play! Ok good.

Josh

I have yet to play call of duty, but my buddie tells me that it is an amazing game. I was playing around with the system, and realized I can connect to my WiFi. I got some other disk with the system. I'll pick up COD4 tomorrow. What do I have to do in order to play online?

Swaynest 01-29-2008 11:37 AM

not to much
1)make sure your wifi is connected
2)load in the disc
3)go to multiplayer then play online
4)look for me (ABabyHippo)
5)get pwned (unless you are on my team the do some pwning)
6)also I recommend getting a headset it makes online gameing that much more fun. You can pair any bluetooth headset with the PS3 but it is a little tricky.

McGovs2.7TB5 01-29-2008 12:04 PM

I will be joining the COD4 ranks in the next couple weeks. A buddy of mine has it and is the best game of its kind since Socom2

AWDaholic 01-29-2008 12:32 PM

Whatever happwned to the SOCOM franchise? I usedto LOVE head-shots with teh sniper rifle... the gentle drift of teh cross hairs... the way it'd pulse with the shooters' "heartbeat"... Then... BANG!!! X-tra cool was when you could get a shot at TWO heads, lined up!!! mini-Os, EVERYtime!

McGovs2.7TB5 01-29-2008 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

Whatever happwned to the SOCOM franchise? I usedto LOVE head-shots with teh sniper rifle... the gentle drift of teh cross hairs... the way it'd pulse with the shooters' "heartbeat"... Then... BANG!!! X-tra cool was when you could get a shot at TWO heads, lined up!!! mini-Os, EVERYtime!
It's still pretty good, Combined Assualt is most recent. There is just too much lag and cheating anymore so I stopped playing a few months back. My buddy says that COD4 is seamless and no cheaters, yet. But ya, 2 head shots for 1 was always pretty cool. I lost a lot of hours to Socom. There was a point when I could play all day, like 10+ hours, and it wouldn't even faze me. Must've been the chronic.