Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Brewery Names

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Brewery Names

So, I'm in the middle of putting together a business plan for a brewery. It's going to be a small micro (probably not more than three types) and probably only locally distributed. Anyway, I need a good name..

Any suggestions??

Old 10-10-2008, 11:57 PM
SoCal Crew Member

You need a good gimmick or theme to tie everything together. I have a GREAT idea for a brewery name and gimmick, but I'm saving it for MY brewery... if and when I get the cash together for it...

Just think about what Stone has done with their over the top "you wouldn't enjoy this beer because your tastes aren't refined enough" advertising. It BEGS you to drink it so you can feel like you're one of the few that has sophisticated enough tastes to appreciate it. The gargoyle emblem runs through their entire lineup too.

Get a gimmick and a catchy name, and you'll be good to go. Or you could just put naked chicks on the bottles. That might work too.

Oh oh oh better yet, make the labels so that the chicks clothes fall further off as you drink more of the beer!!! DO IT.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:46 AM
6th Gear

pisswater ale

The devine ****

IN Heaven there is no Beer (so drink it her)

I'll figure out more when I'm sober

Old 10-11-2008, 10:54 AM
2nd Gear

Island Ale (prolly already used tho somewhere). Look around find something local and play off that man .....

EDIT: what styles of brewski ya making?

Old 10-11-2008, 11:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Bad Justin
Island Ale (prolly already used tho somewhere). Look around find something local and play off that man .....

EDIT: what styles of brewski ya making?
island ale is not bad, except the brewery is gonna be on the east coast not in HI.

most likely gonna start it off with an unfiltered american amber ale.. maybe add an really hoppy ipa next, if the hop shortage gets better..

Old 10-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by love the booB5
Oh oh oh better yet, make the labels so that the chicks clothes fall further off as you drink more of the beer!!! DO IT.
LOL +1 - I used to have a pen that did that. A beer bottle that did it would be excellent. I'd buy something called Pole-Dancer Ale, Stripper Stout, etc (long as it tastes like Yuengling anyway).

Heh, just call your beer "B5" - say it a few times and it'll start to have a ring to it.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:06 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by amiller86
island ale is not bad, except the brewery is gonna be on the east coast not in HI.

most likely gonna start it off with an unfiltered american amber ale.. maybe add an really hoppy ipa next, if the hop shortage gets better..
where on the east coast?

Old 10-11-2008, 01:59 PM
6th Gear

Stripper style Beers is a great idea.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:43 PM
5th Gear

Just think about what Stone has done with their over the top "you wouldn't enjoy this beer because your tastes aren't refined enough" advertising
I have two bottles of Arrogant Bastard in my fridge right now!

http://www.arrogantbastard.com
Check out the animated arrogance.

Yeah, these guys have the marketing down. If I were you, I wouldn't use anything that wasnt a totally excellent play on words, or implied something dirty.

Maybe this is more of a name for a certain beer instead of a brewery, but I wanna drink something with the name 'slam pig'.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:24 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by achTTung
I have two bottles of Arrogant Bastard in my fridge right now!

http://www.arrogantbastard.com
Check out the animated arrogance.

Yeah, these guys have the marketing down. If I were you, I wouldn't use anything that wasnt a totally excellent play on words, or implied something dirty.

Maybe this is more of a name for a certain beer instead of a brewery, but I wanna drink something with the name 'slam pig'.
I'm heading to their brewery in a half hour to fill my 3 ltr growler of double bastard, drink a few pints at the bar of whatever special craft brews they have on tap, and munch down some arrogant bastard battered onion rings.

BTW, I would drink the **** out of a beer called slam pig. hahahaha That may be the best beer name I've ever heard. "You'll be ****** fat bitches in no time!!!"

Quick Reply: Brewery Names