Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

the car troubles just wont stop!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 04:03 PM
2nd Gear
Default the car troubles just wont stop!

just got my car back on the road and took it to get inspected. it was rejected. among a few other things one of my wheels is bent and i have no idea how it happened... it doesnt even vibrate at interestate speeds! soooo ummm anyone got any extra wheels laying around?

Old 11-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Guru

I have an extra tire. You can buy that off me.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:39 PM

why did it get rejected ???

Old 11-05-2008, 07:49 PM
5th Gear

Doesn't your car have a full-sized spare?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Guru

Audi's, at least in America, don't come with full size spares as far as I know. But I think the S4 comes with one.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:18 PM
4th Gear

mine came with just a regular stealie spare

Old 11-05-2008, 11:03 PM
2nd Gear

yeah no full spare.

and i actually took it in today knowing it wouldnt pass i just wanted the extra 15 days to get the stuff i need. which is a new wheel (that i didnt know about) new left side mirror glass (its cracked), new connector for one of my tail light bulbs, and new front brake hoses (he said something about the insolation being bad(?)) so im ordering all that tomorrow and also i had to take out my fogs because they have to be wired so that they can only be on with low beams, anyone know why that is?

Old 11-05-2008, 11:08 PM
5th Gear

Ah, my dad used to have a 96 A4, and it had a full size spare -- same wheels as you've got. I've actually never seen an Audi without a full sized spare! And between my 3 A4's, and my parents 3, you'd think we'd have seen one.

I guess we've just been lucky!

Old 11-05-2008, 11:11 PM
2nd Gear

if you have so many full size spare you wanna send one this way?

Old 11-06-2008, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lebe Frei
yeah no full spare.

and i actually took it in today knowing it wouldnt pass i just wanted the extra 15 days to get the stuff i need. which is a new wheel (that i didnt know about) new left side mirror glass (its cracked), new connector for one of my tail light bulbs, and new front brake hoses (he said something about the insolation being bad(?)) so im ordering all that tomorrow and also i had to take out my fogs because they have to be wired so that they can only be on with low beams, anyone know why that is?
I guess it depends on the state, but in Cali. all that **** would have passed!!! The dent in the rim.....no big deal as long as it could still be balanced and there isn;t any shuttering, the mirror also no big deal since you actually dont need mirrors......you are suposed to look over your shoulder when changing lanes anway to check your blind spots, as long as the brake lines not leaking I dont see the need to replace it, the conector shouldn't need to be changed unless its shorted or the lights dont work, and the fog lights are suposed to work with the low beams.......high beams make it harder to see in the fog but complying with that is no big deal and a simple fix. Is this the dmv thats making you fix all this nonscense or your mechanic???

Quick Reply: the car troubles just wont stop!