AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   coilovers for cheap...or sport suspension for free? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/coilovers-cheap-sport-suspension-free-18268/)

BFlan2001 10-18-2005 01:40 AM

coilovers for cheap...or sport suspension for free?

i can either keep my coilovers (that i'm actually still waiting for), or i can sell my coilovers for a little more than what i paid (i got a really good price on them) and buy the audi sport suspension with the difference...what would you guys do?

oh yea, and i could really use the few hundred bucks that i put into these coilovers and put it towards my dreaded trip to the dealership...i need them to do a complete inspection of my suspension, abs system, and everything else that's not quite right on my baby..i'm thinking it will probably cost me close to a grand after all is said and done

Yuikio 10-18-2005 02:03 AM

RE: coilovers for cheap...or sport suspension for free?

If you need the money, sell the coilovers and get the sport. It's not very much better than stock, but you can always keep that setup for winter and get different COs next spring. Plenty of guys switch suspensions instead of adjusting their COs.

headshok2002 10-18-2005 02:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Yuikio

If you need the money, sell the coilovers and get the sport. It's not very much better than stock, but you can always keep that setup for winter and get different COs next spring. Plenty of guys switch suspensions instead of adjusting their COs.
I thought about doing that... but I likely wont. :P haha!

BFlan2001 10-18-2005 03:33 PM

i know the sensible thing to do would be sell the coilovers...but i don't think that's gonna happen...especially now that yuik's telling me the difference between sport and non sport isn't all that much...

luvin_the_rings 10-18-2005 03:49 PM

he's right, sport is just lower, not much less body roll

you can get some sway bars, if u want to decrease that body roll thing...

QuattroGT74 10-18-2005 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: bentframe

i know the sensible thing to do would be sell the coilovers...but i don't think that's gonna happen...especially now that yuik's telling me the difference between sport and non sport isn't all that much...
I agree with Yuikio on this. The difference between the standard and sport set ups from Audi is slight (on the B7's anyway). I drove both and the sport is certainly more firm and a little flatter, but not by much. The standard obviously has better small bump compliance.

Visually you are talking 20mm which to the naked eye is hardly noticeable on the car. I decided on stock with the intention of going c/o down the road. Just my 2 cents.

clconversion 10-18-2005 08:15 PM

what kind of coilovers did you buy ?

Cameron 10-18-2005 09:58 PM

I may be interested in the coilovers if the price is right and they fit a 2001 A4 1.8T Quattro. PM me or post back here.

audiboy1618 10-18-2005 10:13 PM

Brain i dont think you will be happy with the stock sport, i had it and it wasnt near as good as aftermarket.

flyboy 10-18-2005 10:42 PM

just cut the spring coil, thats what all the cool kid do.