Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crash, Bang, Boom... Ding?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 03:48 AM
4th Gear
Default Crash, Bang, Boom... Ding?

OK boys, so we don't flood this forum with tons of "I got a ding" posts, here's the protocol. Get a ding? Post it here. Find this thread and resurect it.

I'll start. This is gonna be a b*tch to describe, so bear with me.

Sure most of us have read my little post of MY Escape being dinged in an intersecion last week. Well guess what? My Escape's sold, Mommy's got a new one, and I'm driving that till I get my own car. Well, yet another great adventure with an intersection today. Comin up, a stale green light, so I have no idea what this chick's excuse was, but she ran the red light, straight at me. Well, I'll admit, I'm speeding, about 90km/h or so in a 60 zone (I'm late for my class) and I see this chick come screaming at the intersection. Too late she realizes her mistake and tries a nifty little brake turn into my lane (too bad she sucks). So I think... 'sh*t' and I do my own little nifty manuvre. Instead of trying to make it into the intersecting road, I check the sidewalk and grass checking for pedestrians (i'll admit not thorough... i'm crashing here!) and aim for that (god I love SUV's). Angle the car to not do damage to the suspension while popping a curb at now about... 40km/h. So yeah, it ended up being pretty messy, she lost control of her car and hit another curb down the road, completly flexing the rear passenger side wheel right into the wheel well, fortunatly off the road in a bus stop. Me, I'm nicely parked half on the curb half off, nothing major, I placed the car there because i'm half God .... OK, maybe a BIT of luck. Pull my Escape into the nearest driveway and run to check this chick out, she's fine... really pissed. So she's paying for my alignment (might i remind you guys... this SUV is a WEEK old) and she's even replacing my front drivers side tire. Don't think alignment is needed... I've hopped many a car in my ol' Escape for the perfect parking spaces and the alignment was... well...perfect. Albeit, I didn't do any of these curb hops at 40... I checked the driving of the car, and it was tracking totally straight. But... she feels horrible, and is obviously loaded. She is hell bent on keeping this brand new car looking brand new. Nice girl, and all... but dumb as a post.

So yeah, quite the thrill... not embarrasing in the least for me as most fender benders are, I looked like a hero ... and was parked in a driveway where noone could see i was involved... But I'm still a tad miffed (great word) being a brand new car and all...they just don't feel right after a repair.
Oh well, sh*t happens. All in all, I'm even bigger a fan of ride height, and A4crosser (or whatever your name is)... yes! racing does help driving!

Nifty pic to explain: (i'm practically Leonardo)

Old 03-11-2005, 05:24 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Crash, Bang, Boom... Ding?

Where's the brown stain on the map where u about dropped,LOL. Glad 2 c u avoided a near fatal collision. I hate when new cars get smashed rite away too. Your rite their never the same.

Old 03-11-2005, 06:55 AM
4th Gear

lol, the stain should be just about 2 ft from the curb.
yeah, i'm pretty damn glad i got outta that one, and it's a huge kick in the nuts having it happen to a brand new car. scrubbed the tire with simple soap and water a little while ago (can't sleep) and you can't even see any scratches. There's a couple... but... meh? i'd scratch em up anyway, and my mom isn't the most careful parker. gonna take that lady up on the alignment to make sure everything's peachy, but I'm definatly not letting her buy me a whole new tire anymore. she's got enough to worry about with her own car.

Old 03-11-2005, 11:01 AM

Glad to see your ok once again man hey was the chick hot ?

Old 03-11-2005, 04:37 PM
4th Gear

she was a pretty decient milf.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:41 PM

haha good to hear i would have made her pay for the damages in another menthod if I were u though haha

Old 03-11-2005, 04:43 PM
4th Gear

don't think 'the woman' would approve of me taking Visa from other women

Old 03-11-2005, 06:20 PM

Maybe not but what she doesn'y know won't hurt her

Old 03-11-2005, 10:56 PM
4th Gear

[sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=pimp.gif]