Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A death in the family

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Administrator
Default A death in the family

All,

Most of you will recognize the screen name from his thousands of posts here. Many of you know him on this forum. Quite a few of us were lucky enough to call him a friend. We've lost one of our own, and one of the biggest members in AF history.

Troy Patterson, AWDaholic, aka "Jazz", is gone. He succumbed fairly suddenly to an illness in the last few days and this site, let alone the world outside of it (as his many friends will attest) is worse off because of it.

Jazz was our Godfather here, SuperAdmin, basically the top dog, go-to guy for all of AudiForums. All of us on the Mod/Admin crew looked up to him as a man and as a mentor here, InternetBrands (the parent company that owns this forum among several others) relied heavily on his countless hours of effort here, and many more people here and outside in the world grew to cherish his contributions, sense of humor, and wit on a daily basis.

I never got the chance to meet him in person but Jazz and I talked regularly on this forum, on Facebook, through text, and on the phone. It's one of my regrets that I wasn't able to get together with him, have a couple beers, and just hang out. I'm going to miss his sarcasm and poking fun at life going forward.

I encourage anyone else who knew him to add to this memorial thread, which will be left here permanently as a memorial and a thank you for Jazz's efforts in developing and keeping this place going, and as a way for his friends to say goodbye. In memoriam...

Name:  26825758-94A9-4028-ABD4-8177D8089F0F.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  38.9 KB

RIP Jazz

Old 09-23-2014, 03:33 AM

My deepest and most sincere condolences to his family they will for sure be in my thoughts and prayers....

Old 09-23-2014, 04:55 AM
4th Gear

It's always hard to lose family or friends. It's even harder when it's unexpected. RIP, Jazz, you will be missed by many more that you could possibly know.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:52 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

so eloquently said.
i will miss the personality of his posts....his wit, sarcasm, support and his unique personality.
he was a genuine person and never tried to "hide behind a computer screen" when he posted.
he was always willing to help and devoted so much time to this forum.

We won't forget you, Jazz. Thank you for your time here. Rest peaceful.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Guru

Like I said on the AF Facebook group, I never had the pleasure of meeting Jazz. But he was always ready with a great joke or story. A good man gone too soon.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:06 PM
3rd Gear

It's been years but stopping in to say farewell to the ol' gentleman.

Forever smooth.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

That's an old pic Jazz and I but Jazz was a great guy. I'm still flabbergasted at the whole situation. He was a friend and mentor. Anyone that never met Troy you missed out on a legend! He is truly missed.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:06 AM
1st Gear

Its bad news indeed.sorry for that.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:01 PM
1st Gear

Very sorry for everyone's loss! RIP.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:24 PM
4th Gear
Default Ugg

Not here very often anymore (not that I don't want to be) but this is not what I expected or could have imagined.

I spent many hours laughing and sparring with him in the senseless threads areas and many more where we PM'ed on other topics. Specifically I recall a poem he wrote that was incredibly powerful for him as well as those that read it.
While I have not been here in a while, I am so very sorry for all of us to have lost him. Troy kept things straight, clear, funny and weird and we appreciated all of it.

I know he'd be happy to see the AF continues and he's probably be calling us a bunch of names right now for being sappy.

Long live Jazz...

In honor of Jazz, heading into the one of the funniest threads he started.....and started again....and again. TPAM. New and improved.

Last edited by railrunner; 05-26-2015 at 07:28 PM. Reason: adding

Quick Reply: A death in the family