Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointment!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 03:26 AM
1st Gear
Default Disappointment!!!!!

A very sad thing happened to me yesterday. I am soon to be getting an S4 and i have been obsessed with them. But on my way home i pulled behind what appeared to be an s4 im guessing 2000 because it had the old badge. From behind it looked a little dirty and completely stock. When i pulled around front i saw one headlight was burned out and also one fog light. I still love them but it is sad and can make you kinda angry when you have to see an S4 treated so poorly.

Old 01-15-2006, 03:28 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Disappointment!!!!!

And you didn't kick his ***, Your Fired then, j/k but kick his ***.

Old 01-15-2006, 04:28 AM
2nd Gear

Cars are tools. Tools are used. Used things get wear. You can't really fault the guy, he might have more important things going on in his life than twiddling with his car everyday like the rest of us do. That doesn't automatically imply mistreatment.

Old 01-15-2006, 05:21 AM

but if the light has been out for a weel then its war!

Old 01-15-2006, 05:26 AM
2nd Gear

You guys would kill me, lol. I have a busted fog light lense, and my tail light and brake light are out on the left side. My fender and door are also still dented. I haven't had time to wash my car is ages, and for a while my wheels were mismatched. I also have a shot wheel bearing, so every time I stop, turn left, or accelerate too fast, it squeels.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:57 PM
1st Gear

Silver is right. I am probably a good example of this. I bought my A4 about a year ago and things were fine. Since then my family has come under some financial difficulty, and the car needs a timing belt and the front little black spoiler got ripped off, but at this time, I just don't have the money for it, I wish I did, but my son needs to eat.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:16 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven
Tools are used. Used things get wear.
You would know Mr. Biel.

Old 01-15-2006, 11:07 PM
2nd Gear

Hey! That's catchy.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

OK all, i want to clear up my fealings. Yes i was disappointed with what i saw and i know sometimes people will be strapped for cash. But something like a bulb isnt that expensive and if you can afford gas right now you can stop being lazy and throw a new bulb in. Now things like major mechanical issues or body damage, while sad, can be looked at as financial issues and in that was will be forgive.

Old 01-17-2006, 04:17 PM
2nd Gear

That's more offensive than the first thing you said. It's gone from simple mistreatment, to the guy being too lazy to do anything.

Maybe the guy doesn't know how to change the bulb, doesn't know how easy it is to do, and can't afford/doesn't have time to take the car to the dealership or any other shop to get it fixed. Maybe the bulbs burned out two minutes before you saw him. Maybe it is a major electrical problem that burns out every new bulb he puts in and he's tired of wasting money on new bulbs until he can get the bigger problem fixed. Maybe any number of things have happened and you have no clue about what could be going on with him.

Right before Christmas, some idiot backed into my car and broke my right taillight. Fortunately, I have other cars to drive, but I had to drive out to the rental house with a shattered taillight to pick up the Lightning, about a ten minute drive. Now if someone from M5Board.com saw me driving like that and made a post on the forum about how I'm lazy and mistreat my M5 because I'm just driving around with a broken taillight, I would have been pissed if I saw it.

It's not cool of you to come on here and call people you've never met lazy as a result of a 10 second passing encounter you had with them and their car.

Quick Reply: Disappointment!!!!!