Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

entertainment during a pandemic

Old 04-27-2021, 05:01 AM
1st Gear
Default entertainment during a pandemic

what kind of entertainment do you prefer during a pandemic? do you stay at home?

Old 04-27-2021, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

Since the spread of the coronavirus across Connecticut and the country, many businesses have shut down, then partially reopened including most of the entertainment industry.

From concerts, movie theaters, film sets and more, people have decided to stay home and are now relying on the convenience of entertainment online, using at-home technology such as smartphones, laptops, TVs, and more.

Total internet hits have soared – between 50% and 70% – during the first months of the pandemic, according to news reports. And about 80% of those aged 35 and younger are watching more streaming content than before the pandemic hit in March.

“I would say that I watch movies a lot more,” Thomas Small, 17, of East Haven said. “I become almost indulged. I’ve kind of become addicted to entertainment now since it’s right there and easy. I never was before. Since the coronavirus, I haven’t really been able to do much of anything, so the only thing that I do is watch Netflix, YouTube, HBO, play video games and cook.”

Old 04-27-2021, 12:48 PM
Banned

quarantine has changed my entertainment. I realized that I wanted to start doing creative work and I was attracted by painting pictures. unfortunately my skills in this area are not enough and I decided to try to purchase paint by numbers for beginners on diyvaluepicture. this is a great way to create masterpieces for beginners. I realized that for me it is more than a hobby and I like to study this area

Old 07-09-2021, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

I spent a lot of time watching different movies and shows. Even started to watch anime once I saw most of the popular shows. It's hard to find interesting anime, but if you can it's worth it.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

Indeed, you have to spend a lot of time to sift through the mediocre anime shows to find the rare gems that are worth watching. It's even better if the show has thicc anime girls, as this definitely improves the viewing experience, at least for me. Overall, anime has a lot to offer if you enjoy the art style, so I recommend watching some classics if you've never watched anime before.

Old 12-18-2023, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

The pandemic prompted me to deep reflection. I reevaluated my habits, found comfort in simplicity, and began living a healthier lifestyle. I think the pandemic caused self-reflection in many people.

Old 12-18-2023, 09:12 PM
1st Gear

I was never a fisherman by nature, but my brother's invitation to fish, during a pandemic, sparked an unexpected passion. The calm lakes and the excitement of the catch proved irresistible. What started as a casual outing grew into a deep passion. I immersed myself in the world of fishing, attracted by a tranquility that unstable times didn't offer. Hooked on the joy of fishing, I delved into the nuances of the gear. The Phoenix rods I found through phenix rods customer service became my trusted choice. Their accuracy and durability enhanced my experience. Now that I have two rods of my own, fishing has become not just a hobby, but a stress-free escape in the embrace of nature.