Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 05:51 AM
1st Gear
Default Extended Warranties

Can I puchase an extended warranty on an 03 A4? Its still under the factory warranty, I was just wondering if I could get an extended warranty or not, or if its too late. Preferably from the dealer, but if not are there any good warrany companies out there?

Old 10-01-2005, 09:30 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Extended Warranties

Most of the time you can extend the factory warrany as long as it's still within the original warrany.I don't know for a fact that Audi follows that policy, but I don't see why they wouldn't.

I've been looking into getting a third party warranty on the M5 (it's out of the factory one, so BMW won't do it). I've heard from some people that EasyCare is the recommended one to go with, but a search reveals websites dealing solely with problems with that company. You never know though, that might just be someone BSing for some obscure reason such as a misunderstanding or even an ex-employee. The best thing to do is talk to someone who owns a warranty with the company you are considering and ask them what their feelings are regarding it. Plus read through every inch of fine print to see what is covered and what isn't, and ask about everything that you don't fully understand in case they have some funny wording thrown in there. Third parties can be purchased from any dealer, and they don't tell you this but the price is negotiable. They make a profit on it, so you can haggle a bit to get the best price, in my experience.