Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite Quotes

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Favorite Quotes

^^^^ It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Old 02-14-2008, 02:38 AM
2nd Gear

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish. - AU

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. - AU

If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you. - AU

There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages. - Richard Lederer

We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake. - Catherine Fahringer

If we are going to teach 'creation science' as an alternative to evolution, then we should also teach the stork theory as an alternative to biological reproduction. - Judith Hayes

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. - Thomas Jefferson

I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature. - Thomas Jefferson

I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies. - Benjamin Franklin

Every sensible man, every honorable man, must hold the Christian sect in horror. - Voltaire

What influence in fact have Christian ecclesiastical establishments had on civil society? In many instances they have been upholding the thrones of political tyranny. In no instance have they been seen as the guardians of the liberties of the people. Rulers who wished to subvert the public liberty have found in the clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just government, instituted to secure and perpetuate liberty, does not need the clergy. - James Madison

When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it. - Oscar Wilde

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful. - Seneca

Religious belief has been a massively negative force in human history, causing great suffering and conflict, and standing deliberately in the way of mankind's efforts at progress, freedom and flourishing - AC Grayling

Faith is believing something you know ain't true - Mark Twain

It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. - Susan B Anthony

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not all powerful. Is he able but not willing? Then he is not benevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then he is not God. - Epicurus

Christianity did not come with tidings of great joy, but with a message of eternal grief. It came with the threat of everlasting torture on it's lips.It meant war on earth and perdition hereafter. - Robert Ingersoll

And if there were a god,Ithink it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existance. - Bertrand Russell

Faith is thegreat cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of,the lack of evidence. - Richard Dawkins

I contend that we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, then you'll understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen Roberts

Old 02-14-2008, 09:21 AM
2nd Gear

"haters suck"
~unknown