AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Fix it ticket for front tint! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/fix-ticket-front-tint-150490/)

jose-socal 05-14-2010 02:49 PM

Fix it ticket for front tint!

Just wanted to vent. I'm going to have to have my front tint removed because some a-hole cop decided to write me up for having tint on my front windows. Really? Maybe a tint shop will cut me a deal on removing and then re-applying.

I have a month to get it signed off on.

But now every time I see someone with front tint like mine (witch is all the time) I think "they've never gotten a ticket for that I bet" :mad:

AWDaholic 05-14-2010 03:49 PM

In some places, like it or not, its illegal. Random acts of justice DO suck, but, you can't rilly call the cop an a-hole just because you got wrote up for illegal equipment.

Go buy a set of un-tinted windows from the strip-yard, and keep those in the garage for times like these.

jose-socal 05-14-2010 04:42 PM

lol. That's not a bad idea. But I'm not sure I want to get into opening the door panel and all that. ;)

mikekey 05-14-2010 04:55 PM

Dude, I promise you the cost of the ticket will be less than the hassle/cost of removing/replacing.

blk340cuda 05-14-2010 08:51 PM

This post guarantees I'll be getting a ticket...

Maybe you can't call the cop one for doing his job, but it isn't fair that they have the choice to pick and choose who they ticket and who they ignore. If it's illegal and most cars have tinted windows, then millions of dollars in revenue should be generated from the thousands of tickets. Unfortunately, that's not the case because cops are a-holes and pick and choose who they give that ticket to, if they even write them at all. So much for holding up the law.

johncarry 05-15-2010 01:24 AM

If the tinting is illegal in your state, just take it off! And next time check with your state's Motor vehicle equipment laws before you buy something from the "Pimp-my-Ride" auto parts store.

kriptonik 05-15-2010 08:05 PM

As a matter of fact, I think having any tint in CA is actually illegal. They usually ignore that particular fact but having tint on the front windows is obviously more illegal. Honestly, running tint is pretty much like tossing a coin. You can never really say what's coming but you know it run either way.

Did you get a ticket for something else? They usually won't pull you over just for having tint.

AWDaholic 05-15-2010 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by kriptonik (Post 1206739)

Did you get a ticket for something else? They usually won't pull you over just for having tint.

thats what I was thnkin... tint-tickets tend to be add-ons for peeps that are douches to cops.

auditech79 05-15-2010 09:56 PM

Cops don't give a crap about window tint unless its dark enough that they can't see you. Then they are gonna nail you, like myself with my old truck. Didn't do anything illegal when i was driving either, i guess he was just bored.

MrFlippant 05-15-2010 10:23 PM

Just pay the ticket. It's Sexy Tax.

One thing to consider though, I don't know how it is where you are but here in Iowa if you get three tint tickets, they put a hold on your registration until you remove it.