Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Freaking iTunes. again.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:13 AM
Default Freaking iTunes. again.

is pissing me off

reformatted my laptop the other night and re-installed iTunes with the same exact version that i had before i reformatted, which is the latest version available. all was working well since the reformat/reinstall until this morning. went to listen to a song and noticed no sound was present yes the status bar was showing the song was playing and counting time. checked the mixer, no mutes, all volume controls were set to 100%, opened a website and a sound check on the computer to check if it was a sound card or something, nope, all other sounds work. Googled it, other peeps be havin the same problem, something to do with quicktime, or so is what i read online, who knows, didnt have time to do anything about it to get fix it this morning, gunna try again now.

just wanted to vent. anyone else have this happen?

O yea, and also when i originally installed/reinstalled itunes' latest version, when i tried burning a cd it said something along the lines of "disc burner or software not found" yet i could still make a cd from roxio or windows media player. Ended up having something to do with daemon tools, so i googled that as well and found this as a fix in case any one else has stumbled upon this nonsense just DL either one 32 bit/64 bit depending on what you got.
http://disc-tools.com/download/daemon+sptd+md5sum

Old 01-10-2009, 02:25 PM
2nd Gear

buy a mac, i have never have problems w itunes or any other program, even when i have 5GB of memory left : )

Old 01-10-2009, 02:29 PM
2nd Gear

oh im selling mine its a macbook 120GB, 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHZ DDR2 SDRAM, make an offer MSRP $999, LEOPARD

: d

Old 01-10-2009, 02:42 PM
4th Gear

i dont get why people have so many problems with itunes, ive never had any problems

Old 01-11-2009, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by lumend13
buy a mac, i have never have problems w itunes or any other program, even when i have 5GB of memory left : )
i actually wish i would have bought one instead when i got my new computer about a year ago for school

Originally Posted by theTTkid
i dont get why people have so many problems with itunes, ive never had any problems
yea man i have no idea, i always have bad luck it seems like. do you have the most recent version? it appears that my problems with iTunes come about as a result of other programs, although i have had all the same programs with previous versions as well, i dont get it, its annoying.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:38 PM
4th Gear

^^^ no everytime i open itunes it wants me to update to like 8.0.2 or something, but i never do

Old 01-11-2009, 10:52 PM

^ Good. don't. so far its been a pita. First i couldnt burn cd's until i downloaded a fix for a sptd file or some ****, now it wont play sound, the song plays, but no damn sound. haha. pissin me off

Old 01-11-2009, 10:54 PM
2nd Gear

Make sure you install your drivers, especially for the burner. If you did a complete reformat you'll need to install all of them. If you did a factory restore then most of the drivers are there but not up to date

Old 01-11-2009, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Woodhead2k
Make sure you install your drivers, especially for the burner. If you did a complete reformat you'll need to install all of them. If you did a factory restore then most of the drivers are there but not up to date
thats the thing. iTunes was working just fine then it stopped. after the reformat (factory). everything else works, websites, windows media player, games, everything but iTunes.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:51 PM
4th Gear

try to reinstall itunes?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Freaking iTunes. again.