Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full k04 turbo price just shopping around, im new :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Default Full k04 turbo price just shopping around, im new :)

hey guys i just bought a 02 b5 s4 and i love it. i am shopping around and comparing prices. i did use the search button and i did not find that much information before i posted. i was wondering if some of you pros can compare or post how aprox how much you guys paid i dont want to be nosy but i am just wondering. that is including everything tuning chip turbos manifolds downpipes hosing fuel injectors gasket manifold gasket everything with stage 2 clutch, WITH everything i was quoted 14k. anyone anything? Thanks in advance

Old 03-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Default RE: Full k04 turbo price just shopping around, im new :)

this in in the wrong forum, you should be posting in the S4 forum

here's what i think I know...lol..,

for 14K you could have another S4....do not EVER pay that!

these are my estimated guesses for pricing (this is the MOST you will spend on parts)

2 Ko4 turbos- $1600 g-popshop
you can use your existing manifolds, but you could prolly get two higher flowing mani's for $800
A Chip Tune should run you about $900 max
Injectors will cost ya- $600 max
full turbo back exhaust should run about $1500-2000 (depends on who you decide to go with)
Fpr- $200 max
Two DV's- 275 max
Stage 2 clutch- $700 (could be more, but i dougt that, unless you are buying a new LWFW as well)

so the way I see it the most you could ever possibly spend on parts would be $7075 (I'd bet you could prolly pick up everything listed for about 1k less than I just quoted, maybe more)

I estimate the labor to be about 15 to 20 hours, and at $90 and hour the most you would spend on labor would be $1800

on top of that, I would say that you and a friend could easily bolt on the turbo's, mani's, test pipes, spend a couple hundred at most and have a muffle shop install your test pipe/downpipe back exhaust....

the only thing i would take tha car to the shop for is to have them install your clutch, which will be about 5-6 hours of labor

The way I calculate it, the most you could possibly spend on parts and having a shop install them all would be $8,875.00

gl!

I am a 1.8T owner, but the price you were quoted was outrageous imo

Old 03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
3rd Gear

You better ask this question in S/Rs model forums!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:21 PM
1st Gear

haha, no offense quattroa4, but 14k would be reasonable if he wasn't gonna do labor himself. the turbos on the 2.7TT engine aren't an "easy bolt on" thing you could do in an afternoon, and most likely requires pulling the engine. The two turbos from ecs tuning, with gaskets etc, costs 2400. you could just buy the ko4 kit from awe which comes with intercooler and injectors, which costs 8500 and includes manis. You better expect to cough up coin, cuz this isn't gonna be cheap. GL tho

Old 03-12-2008, 12:05 AM

^yeah, but a shop that knows what they are doin should be able to knock it out in 20 hours....which is what I stated above, lift the motor a bit, bolt on the new mani's and turbos, and while the motor is in the air change the clutch...

you can get the awe kit for a lil over 8k and if the labor was 20 hours at 100$ an hour, that would be just a lil over 10k

where are you factoring in the other 4k?

Old 03-12-2008, 12:11 AM
18T
4th Gear

If you are contemplating stage III, I would have to say up to $15000 dollars just for the parts alone on a full stage III car . All in all, $20K installed is not out of the oradanary.

For a car like that, brakes alone are $2,000-3,000 + .

I am talking about a serious REAL setup. Not joe shmoe let me throw some parts in here and there. Thats not how its done.

cheers,

Old 03-12-2008, 12:25 AM
4th Gear

Yeah anything turbo related you have to pull the engine to work on them. [:@]

Josh

Old 03-12-2008, 12:54 AM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

I am a 1.8T owner, but the price you were quoted was outrageous imo

I estimate the labor to be about 15 to 20 hours, and at $90 and hour the most you would spend on labor would be $1800
Nope sorry, youre either misguided or really dont know what it takes to do a full stage 3 setup.

See my post above.

Lets just take as an example the AWEtuning stage 3 (RSKO4 setup, most common one IMO) its 01-02 RSK04 Turbo/Fueling Kit WITH

Manifolds
$8,245.00.

now add suspension (price varies depending on what youll do with the car) $1500-3000 +, brakes 2000-3000$, exausts 1000$, clutch kit

1400$, and everything else you need to complete a PROPER STAGE 3 car. and on top of that i would imagine its about 3-5k install. Or if

youre crazy good you can do it yourself, but gl with that.

And you have to pull the engine to get those turbos out.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:12 AM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Strucnjak

hey guys i just bought a 02 b5 s4 and i love it. i am shopping around and comparing prices. i did use the search button and i did not find that much information before i posted. i was wondering if some of you pros can compare or post how aprox how much you guys paid i dont want to be nosy but i am just wondering. that is including everything tuning chip turbos manifolds downpipes hosing fuel injectors gasket manifold gasket everything with stage 2 clutch, WITH everything i was quoted 14k. anyone anything? Thanks in advance
Youre best off just chipping it, exaust and suspension. Youll be golden, trust me.

No need to spend 20K unless you want to. Even if you got the parts used, its still not worth it. You might be actually better off buying someone elses project. [:'(]

Old 03-12-2008, 01:17 AM

hey guys thanks so much for your replies they help he said it was gonna be 14k with everything that he could think of including the rs4 clutch motor mounts down pipes full turbo kit from awe, they are also distributors for awe so he can get em a bit cheaper. it just seemed bit too much for me but im ready to drop some money down.

NOTE: this is from awe web site
all of it is $8,245.00 thats extra 5,700 for labor? bit too much?

[1] GIAC/AWE Tuning Chip Tuning Software
[2] Factory RS4 K04 Turbochargers
[2] AWE Tuning Tubular Manifolds
[2] AWE Tuning Modified Downpipe Heat Shields
[1] Factory Exhaust Manifold Head Stud Set
[1] Factory Exhaust Manifold Head Nut Set
[1] AWE Tuning modular MAF Housing with Laminar Flow Screen
[1] AWE Tuning Silicone MAF Tube
[6] Bosch Fuel Injectors
[6] AWE Tuning Injector adapters
[1] Factory RS4 Inlet Tubing Set
[1] Factory RS4 Inlet Tubing Coupler Set
[1] Factory Exhaust Manifold-to-Head Gasket Set
[1] Factory Turbocharger-to-Manifold Gasket Set
[1] Factory Downpipe-to-Turbocharger Gasket Set
[6] Bosch Spark Plugs
[1] Rolled Edge Hose Clamp Set

Quick Reply: Full k04 turbo price just shopping around, im new :)