Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Futher Muckin Hippies

Old 08-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Default Futher Muckin Hippies

.. at they shenanigans again!

So, homeboy here in Warrenton where I live pulls up to Fred Meyer's to make a quick, less than 15 min shopping trip. Drops his windows down so his dog that is being left in the rig can get some fresh air as it a warm day outside, as any dog owner should do when the leave their pet inside a vehicle.

Along comes hippie, see's that the dog is left in the vehicle, makes an educated decision and decides that the dog is in distress as it is sitting on the seat looking around out of the windows (Prolly panting and beating its lil tail in the seat, although if it were my dog it would've barked at hippie to go away ), Then hippie decides to pick up a rock (I think it was a rock) and bust out the window to "save the dog from suffering"...

Owner comes out, confronts hippie shortly after his windows was busted out, held hippie there until police arrived, hippie was cited, and is now paying for all the damages... and should be lucky that his teeth and nose are still intact.

The end

Last edited by mctavish11; 08-28-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:51 PM
4th Gear

Coulda ended up alot worse for the owner. here where i live some lady left her dog in her truck. Somebody called the police saying that there is a dog trapped in a truck and the windows are barely cracked so police in my city have nothing better to do so 4 cops show up they call in a special unit that breaks into cars that are left stranded they use a slimjim to get into the car pull the dog out give it to the humane society the lady comes out they arrest her fine her.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:17 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pa4ul
Coulda ended up alot worse for the owner. here where i live some lady left her dog in her truck. Somebody called the police saying that there is a dog trapped in a truck and the windows are barely cracked so police in my city have nothing better to do so 4 cops show up they call in a special unit that breaks into cars that are left stranded they use a slimjim to get into the car pull the dog out give it to the humane society the lady comes out they arrest her fine her.
I've heard of that too... It's pretty pathetic, but I can see the point for some people who leave their dog in the car for waaaaay too long.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:12 PM
3rd Gear

I can see some people doing that, is not bad if you're going in and out. But since some owners just leave the poor animals in there too long gives the responsible ones a bad rep. That is illegal to do on Air Force Bases BTW, so if you have a friend that takes you to the BX do not leave your pet in the car, the SP's will wait for you there until you come back and cite you.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Old 08-29-2009, 06:44 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by veloracer
I saw that the other day, the case should be treated as animal cruelty. I mean how do you forget you have a living creature in your car in the hot sun for 4 hours!?

Old 08-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by Dan1969
I saw that the other day, the case should be treated as animal cruelty. I mean how do you forget you have a living creature in your car in the hot sun for 4 hours!?
Nah... "Claimed" she dint KNOW the dog was in her car. Hubby said He put fido in her car that morning (apparently a VERY quiet dog, during road-trips) and she didn't realize dog was there until noon.

I don't buy it. But, you never know. It cudda happened that way.

Personally, I think it falls into the "possible, but not PROBABLE" category.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:49 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Nah... "Claimed" she dint KNOW the dog was in her car. Hubby said He put fido in her car that morning (apparently a VERY quiet dog, during road-trips) and she didn't realize dog was there until noon.

I don't buy it. But, you never know. It cudda happened that way.

Personally, I think it falls into the "possible, but not PROBABLE" category.
I think she ignored it, one of those "what's the worse that could happen" moments. Either way I hate any kind of activists.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Guru

Goddamn kids and their goddamn assuming ****!! I would have smashed that hippie's ******' face!

Old 09-01-2009, 11:51 PM
3rd Gear
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by airguard350
Goddamn kids and their goddamn assuming ****!! I would have smashed that hippie's ******' face!
I like your attitude!!

Search this Thread