Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOING TO ITALY!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Zombie Defense Force
Default GOING TO ITALY!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys good news i just got accepted to study abroad in florence italy next semester. im taking digital photography, the rise on fall of the house of medici, wines of italy (wine and cheese tasting), italian and art history. woot gunna be gone for 4 months

Old 10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Default RE: GOING TO ITALY!!!!!!!!!!

sweet! you gonna take you car wit you

Old 10-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Administrator

A chance for you to drive to Germany get as much as European parts for the Audi and sell it to us.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Senior Administrator

When you leavin'?

You know Venezia is only a 2-hour train ride (95 minutes if you drive) from Fierenza!

REMEMBER:
[ul][*]a dashed line down th emiddle of the road denotes a "passing-lane" according to Italian traffic laws.[*]NO LEFT TURN onto a private drive (ANYthing other than a public STREET, basically)from a public road. Everybody does it, but, if there is an accident YOU will be at fault.[*]Traffic ENTERING the circle has the right-of-way (counter-intuitive, I know, which is why I remember it so well)[*]slow traffic generally DOES keep right.[*]DON'T EVER hit anybody's farm animal, or you will owe not only the cost of that animal, but that animals offspring, and those animals offspring, and so on, and so on, out to, like, 10 generations... It's cheaper to run over a PERSON than a chicken (RILLY!!!)[*]Italians do EVERYTHING "Con Brio!"[*]Make sure you swing by a caffe, your first day, and order a "cafe-correto" (I may have spelled it wrong, but, if you say it like I spelt it, you'll get the right thing) with "Vecchia Romangia." In fact, order a "duplo" (double). You'll thank me when you get back![*]They have speed limits, now, in Italy, but they are mostly ignored.[*]WATCH OUT FOR MOPEDS & CYCLISTS!!! They PWN the right-side of the road!!![*]Italian beer is ALMOST as bad as Mexican beer. Stick with the German brands.[*]Muscato = CHEAP WINE!!![*]Italian leather is prolly the SOFTEST leather there is, I swear![/ul]
That's all I can think of, for now...

HEY!!! ImolaS4 went to Italy and we NEVER heard from him, again!!! Don't be an ImolaS4!!!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:05 PM
3rd Gear

Hellz yeah Jeff!!! Make sure to post up pics upon picsupon pics! Yes, don't be like Imola and disappear after Italy. Have fun man, I'm sure you will!

Old 10-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah congrats! Italy is a wonderful place.

Jazzyou've been everywhere huh? Geez

Old 10-03-2007, 10:44 PM
2nd Gear

youre gonna love it (i hope). my sister just got back from going to France for a month and she said that she would do it again anyday. those trips are so awesome. i want to go to germanyas a tripwhen i go to college.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

la buona fortuna ed ha un viaggio sicuro. amo il vino ed il formaggio. dovreste portare una certa sede a tutti gli vostri amici qui.[/align]

Old 10-04-2007, 02:47 AM
1st Gear

I just came back from 3.5 months in Europe. Florence is amazing, Venice is too, but I hear this is about the time it starts flooding. Honestly, my time over in Europe was the best time of my life so far, I can't wait to go again. I would definately advise you to hop on a train whenever you have free time a just make your way to as many places as possible. Two places I would highly recommend, are Ljubljana Slovenia (My favorite city).. It's relaxed and laid back, people are extremely nice, almost all of the younger generation speaks english, and the women... WOW! It's about a 5 hour train ride or so, but not too far. Croatia, definately check it out. It is simply astonishing. From Ancona Italy just hop on a ferry, go to Split, Dubrovnik, Hvar or Korcula Island. Prices are reasonable, now that it's not high season they should be a lot better. It is a very beautiful place. Have a an Augustiner Brau in Germany if you ever make it up there. Man, sorry for the ramble but that is awesome, congratulations you will not be disappointed.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:07 AM
3rd Gear

I went to Florence two summers ago. Great place, congrats!

Quick Reply: GOING TO ITALY!!!!!!!!!!