Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a new toy for the summer

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:24 AM
2nd Gear
Default Got a new toy for the summer

Haven't been to active in a while, mostly because I've been working my *** off to buy my newest toy. I picked up a 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4 today. Nearly spotless yellow on black save for a couple light scuffs on the fairing (looks like he scraped against something, not dropped the bike). Complete up to date service history, including a full tuneup right before I bought it.

This is my first sportbike, but I've been commuting a 250cc scooter for a while now and ride my friend's dirtbikes alot. All I can say is that I'm glad I got a 4 cylinder because the real power only in the high RPMs so I can granny it around town all day.

My new sig pic is pretty much exactly what it looks like.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:38 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Got a new toy for the summer

That's sick. Congrats man. A nice color for the bike. I few of my friends ride, One has a Yamaha R6.

I joined the forum after you left for a while but I'll be the first to say welcome back. Gonna post some more?

Old 05-31-2007, 10:06 AM
1st Gear

Thats a nice lookin bike!

Old 05-31-2007, 05:12 PM
5th Gear

Sweet! My dad bought a 2000 F4 as well, only he's got the orange and black. When I saw your sig before reading, I thought it was the same bike only your picture didn't capture the orange right... over exposed or something. But yeah, I read and figured it out.
I've got a 2002 GSX-R600 and I just put it on the road yesterday! I'd been riding my dad's F4 for a couple months and loving it. The gixxer is very very different... yowza! The F4 is comfortable and very easy to ride... the gixxer is pretty aggressive, and very twitchy!

Old 06-01-2007, 12:46 AM
2nd Gear

My friend has a 05 gixxer... that thing is crazy. He rides about 1000 miles almost every weekend from socal to norcal. I can't wait to show him my F4. I haven't ridden any clutch bikes in about a few years (and never on the street, always off road), so I'm still working on it, but its going pretty good.

Funny story - I stalled today in a parking lot after I slowed down for a speed bump. I did it right in front of a couple other bikers, and I was really embarrased. I went and parked a little ways down across the parking lot to meet my friends, and they rolled up a couple minutes later. I was so embarrased and self conscious I was trying to wait till they left unless I stalled again. After waiting a while and they weren't leaving, my friends had to go, so I figured I'd just go too. I got on and starting walking it out of the parking spot I was in and right when I was lined up to take off, one of the guys was telling me to pop it up... I told him I just got the bike and was really embarrased about stalling in front of them earlier and how I had been hoping they would leave before I did. They both ended up being really nice, complimented my bike, my gear, and gave me a couple tips. I ended up feeling dumb for worrying about what they would think. Definatelyhelped build my confidence by being able to not worry so much what others are thinking of a new rider. On the way home I opened it up a little bit - all I can say is that I bought a fast bike.