AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   How bout that stock market!! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/how-bout-stock-market-135776/)

auditech79 07-24-2009 07:36 PM

How bout that stock market!!

Bought 120 shares of apple at $85 at about the end of march, and now its at $160 a share! Im stoked baby! :) $9,000 appreciation in 4 months aint too shabby at all.
Any of you guys make any sound investments? I hear a lot of small caps are way up right now and still climbing. Commodities are also on the steep incline.

headshok2002 07-25-2009 01:24 PM

Yeah I am heavily invested in commodities... and just sunk another chunk into a mining stock. Of course, I am down overall because I bought a lot of this stuff several years ago... but knowing how high it all was, and seeing it now... everything looks to be a bargain. Do your research, make sure the company has trimmed fat and has weathered 'the storm' effectively... and you may make a lot of cash.
I swear, recessions can make people rich.

ImTheDevil 07-25-2009 02:11 PM

Nice job guys:) I have my 401k invested rather conservatively based on my age and expected workforce time, but at this point I'm glad I did it that way. Lots of people I work with were too aggressive when the bottom fell out and they lost their asses. The bright ones went 100% into the "safe fund" option when the downturn started and minimized their losses.

As for me, I didn't lose much at all, and now that we appear to be rebounding somewhat (I have been hoping to see the Dow cross the 9000 threshold for a few weeks now, and am glad it did - to me, it seems like that is a mental milestone mark for some, and hopefully it'll spur more investment trading and a continued surge up). Once the Dow crosses 10,000, I'll move more aggressively with my portfolio and let the building momentum do its trick.

Midniteoyl 07-25-2009 04:03 PM

Penny Stocks.... bought one at .02 and just sold at .22 ... beat that! :)

Its down to ~.16 now...

http://www.thehotpennystocks.com/Sto...es/?stock=ACTC

Gigantor 07-25-2009 06:11 PM

I've been wanting to for some time now. But, being in college gives one very different priorities. Like not missing the APR Tuning sale that ends in 6 days... Can't wait for my new ECU!

What sites do you guys use?

DÌEGØs AÜD!CTIØN 07-25-2009 06:19 PM

lol true that! haha cant wait to get my speedtuning chip ;)

Dan1969 07-25-2009 09:17 PM

I need to get into this, just a little bit at least, anyone knows any sites that I can go to to review and maybe buy?

auditech79 07-26-2009 05:08 PM

Im an agressive player in the stock market, heavy in commodities like metals and oil. You really need to do a lot of research before buying stocks, bonds, mutual funds what have you. If you are just starting out watch CNBC or lots of other shows on the stock market during the day when the market is open. You can learn alot if you just watch these. Another good book to read is Jim Cramer's book; Real Money, Sane Investing in an Insane World. You should also watch his show, he makes the stock market entertaining.

Dan1969 07-26-2009 07:17 PM

hmm, then I think I already have part on that. I invested part of my Savings Plan through the "I" Fund, don't ask what it means it just says that it makes more money than the "G" Fund... I'm clueless, all I know is that I lost 120 bucks last year but I've been gettin like 50% increase this year, so I'm going to leave it to see if I get it all back and maybe some more.

Bogie 07-26-2009 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by auditech79 (Post 1108636)
If you are just starting out watch CNBC or lots of other shows on the stock market during the day when the market is open. You can learn alot if you just watch these. Another good book to read is Jim Cramer's book; Real Money, Sane Investing in an Insane World. You should also watch his show, he makes the stock market entertaining.

Not bad advice there. For a more basic understanding of the fundamentals, also read William O'Neil's books. One good one to start is 24 Essential Lessons for Investment Success. He also has a good site and paper "Investors Business Daily", which Jim Cramer gets some of his better advice from.