Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How to complete the necessary mental gymnastics to convince myself not to sell?

Old 07-07-2019, 12:09 PM
1st Gear
Default How to complete the necessary mental gymnastics to convince myself not to sell?

I will say the car I purchased is older but it's originally from Cali and it came with probably fifteen thousand dollars in receipts since purchased new. The car only has 100k. I've since put between three and four thousand dollars in parts into the car to attempt to fix various problems, mostly maintenance and nearly all engine related problems.

I was more than excited for this car just to do light mods and a tune and have a close to three hundred horsepower daily driver. I'm so disgusted with the amount of time i've worked on it i'm seriously considering selling it. By now I could've purchased a car for probably twelve grand. I've thrown 4k into this car 95 percent of it just under the hood on OEM replacement parts in three months, anyone who tries to convince themselves that's acceptable is a fan boy and their judgement is clouded. Even when you learn to be patient it isn't really fun to work under the hood of a mk1 tt. I've also put 3k into exhaust, intake, dv, tune, boost hoses, mm's, spare ecm.

I've owned volvos in the past and that was what spurred this bright idea to purchase an audi but it's gotten to the point where i'm seriously considering selling it and taking a loss before I bolt on this turbo back and tune it. Not only all this the seats are pretty uncomfortable in a mk1 tt. One thing that's huge as well is the forums for mk1 tt's are absolutely worthless and coming from an amazing forum to this is a huge let down.
I truly wish I waited for an s60r. I'm sure there are fan boys that will come in to defend the cost of parts but i've searched for the absolute cheapest places to find OEM parts and the prices are still insanely expensive. I wish I listened to the people I worked with in the past on their advice on German cars, I just assumed they were bad at their job and that was why they despised these cars. At this point I could've just purchased a c5 vette and had an extremely reliable sports car. I realize there's no point in posting this but i'm absolutely disgusted with my choice in vehicle purchase and I will never purchase a german car again in my life. As much as I despise subaru and their lemon 2.5 turbo motors I could've build a motor at this point and been making a hell of a lot more power. I just never expected to put this much in stock replacement parts in a car so quick.

The most maddening part has been trying to solve a code 17705.