Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
I have
27.78%
I havent (knock on wood)
66.67%
Gotten pulled over but got out of it []
5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

How many have gotten tcikets with radar detectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 11:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: How many have gotten tcikets with radar detectors

My dad uses one, but to be honest, it really only saved us a couple times. I don't know how the radar enforcement is down in SoCal, but up here, we hardly ever get any signals. I've just become my own cop detector by studying tail lights, headlights and car shapes to the point that I can spot a crown vic. pretty well. Also know how the po-po roll. Around here, CHP cruise at 80mph, generally. So once you find a clearing with no CHP, you can cruise 80 as long as you keep your eyes open ahead of you. Know all the hiding spots, and don't draw attention to yourself by doing stuff like swerving through traffic.

BTW, I go home on the freeway going between 90 and 110mph almost the entire way every night from work.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:50 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Cameron

BTW, I go home on the freeway going between 90 and 110mph almost the entire way every night from work.
That's pretty quick. You doing that on 101? Not like there is ever any traffic on that or anything. [8D]

I had to do driving school recently for a 45 in a 30 ticket(yeah, I'm a real racer) and I learned that you get 24hrs in jail for 100 where I live. You can get up to 3 days in jail if the judge likes. I had no idea. I can hit 100 in 3rd as I come off an exit ramp. I don't think I will anymore though.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:49 AM

yea i have gotten amazing at spotting cops. Ppl offten say no there isnt and then wait and see it. I guesss i will stay away from getting one. I can tell what type of car most are from the tailights anyway.

Never saw a price for the K40 how much is it. I should just get a jammer. too bad they r illegal here.

Old 11-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Administrator

i have never used one in any of my vehicles. i think that theyre useless. my girlfriend has one, and she has gotten tickets twice with one, and her detector was expensive.

Old 11-28-2005, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

I travel all the time, so it is a great investment.

I have a valentine V1, and it is an amazing detector.

PA has instant On Off K band, which is up there with laser as per difficulty of dealing with, but they have to lock a speed so even if they wait to hit you with it, if you react fast enough, by the time they aim it in and lock it. You can slow down, it takes about 3 seconds for them to aim, and about another 2-4 to get a lock, and lock can't happen if your speed is changing at more than 3mps

So if you jack your brakes, oh wait you have chrome rims, you lose.

But for the rest of you, just learn what states you goto, read up on what bands they can use, then find radar makers who make that band and find out what bids they got. And find defenses based for that.

Just this weekend it saved me from a nasty speed trap and I was even the lead car in the traffic, if your not the first one to get painted it is so funny how easily you will be able to slow up and avoid it. I have picked up cops in Jersey and such over 2 miles away.

The V1 is great with the directional arrows, I love it.

I voted no

Old 11-28-2005, 05:54 PM
4th Gear

havent yet....

Old 11-28-2005, 06:27 PM
2nd Gear

a couple people on this forum have to k40 i think and i heard that it is around a grand to install

Old 11-28-2005, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

wait a damn minute

I just realised what is going on here.

APG, we, the driving population, (**** even if we are walking) do not need you, to think you should drive faster.

Don't buy a radar detector, buy a ticket to driving school. Tell them you are confused on the location of said brake pedal.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:39 PM
3rd Gear

Definitely has saved my *** more than once a month since I got it. It doesn't encourage me to drive faster; I'd go that fast regardless.

Old 11-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Administrator

my GFs ticket was from PA...[:@]

Quick Reply: How many have gotten tcikets with radar detectors