AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   How much HP does a turbo timer add? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/how-much-hp-does-turbo-timer-add-74844/)

CLX 09-11-2007 12:46 PM

How much HP does a turbo timer add?

So, I was working yesterday in Groton, CT, when I spied a bright red Accord that was running in the parking lot. The windows were pretty dark, but there was no one in it. I looked it over and noticed a turbo timer and boost gauge, so, I thought that it was a custom turbo Accord. Boy was I wrong. It did have the timer and gauge, but no f*cking turbo at all. I mean, how lame can you get? He took off out of the parking lot and sure enough, it was just motor, not even a hint of any boost. Hit the rev limiter for almost three full seconds before he shifted, too.

new2me 09-11-2007 12:53 PM

RE: How much HP does a turbo timer add?

lol maybe he had one of those leaf blower option on his car that is turned on/off by a big red toggle switch under the dash. :D

CLX 09-11-2007 12:58 PM

I would have heard a leaf blower!

new2me 09-11-2007 01:02 PM

Nooo! He hit rev limit because he was trying find and flip the switch. :eek::D

cincyTT 09-11-2007 01:06 PM

Im pretty sure the gauge was probably a tach since most Honda cars WITH MANUALS come without a stock tach :eek:. Also you dont need a turbo to use a timer, same concept applies letting the engine cool before shutting it off, but only needed if you are maxing out the engine and creating alot of extra heat like a road racing car

A4speed 09-11-2007 01:57 PM

Maybe hes preparing for the big setup:)

KSpark 09-11-2007 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: A4speed

Maybe hes preparing for the big setup:)
Better to get the small stuff like the turbo timer, boost gauge, and intercoolor first before moving on to the big stuff like a turbocharger. :D

And don't forget the neons, cut springs, and wings!

CAB509 09-11-2007 06:10 PM

so there is one true way to tell if he is rice or not, did he have painted drums?

chaos92287 09-11-2007 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Im pretty sure the gauge was probably a tach since most Honda cars WITH MANUALS come without a stock tach :eek:. Also you dont need a turbo to use a timer, same concept applies letting the engine cool before shutting it off, but only needed if you are maxing out the engine and creating alot of extra heat like a road racing car

that might be the case if he wasn't a ricer (and no im not calling him a ricer cuz he drives a honda, its cuz he hit the rev limiter right after starting his car)

CLX 09-11-2007 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Nah, it was totally a boost gauge. I don't think they measure engine speed in PSI...