AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   How to not sound like a tool... (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/how-not-sound-like-tool-152155/)

bradtyler02 06-19-2010 05:07 PM

How to not sound like a tool...

Wheels and rims, a little pet peeve of mine. Here's something from the tirerack.com website to help educate some people, and make them sound less like a tool...

What Is a Wheel and What Is a Rim? Are They the Same Thing?

It may seem obvious, but a wheel is comprised of a hub, spokes and rim. Sometimes these components will be one piece, sometimes two or three. The hub is the center portion of the wheel and is what attaches the wheel to the suspension. The spokes radiate out from the hub and attach to the rim. The rim is the outer part of the wheel that holds the tire. While many people refer to wheels as "rims," this is technically incorrect.

Sorry, just had to vent a little. From here on out, if you've read this thread, and you still call your wheels "rims" then you are a tool, and should go join toolswithricersforums.com. If this thread pisses you off for some unknown reason (i.e. "Why is this guy calling me a tool?"), it's because you probably are a tool.

Thank you, and have a great day;)

hiwords 06-19-2010 08:32 PM

+1346634364341367416371634123424

AWDaholic 06-19-2010 09:27 PM

^that's roughly about 10x less than this topic has been posted

bradtyler02 06-20-2010 12:24 AM

Just trying to help the more recent members who would never think to search for "how to not sound like a tool" :D

kriptonik 06-20-2010 02:46 AM

Haha!

When I first started posting in the B5 section several years ago, noobs would get flamed if they used the term "rimz". Let's start that again! :D

bradtyler02 06-20-2010 02:59 AM

Does it have to be with a "z" or does any reference to a complete wheel as a rim count? I must say, the addition of the "z" does add a nice ghetto flair!

chocalotstarfish 06-20-2010 10:48 AM

But what if I AM referring to my rims?

bradtyler02 06-20-2010 11:17 AM

As I said, anyone referring to the entire wheel as a rim, not someone actually talking about the rim of the wheel.

U hav sum sweet rimz tho! I wish I cud haf dem...!

achTTung 06-20-2010 11:40 AM

So I'm still alright to refer to my Flik Artics as 18" rims, as its the only part of the wheel that measures 18 inches.

Thanks for the memo.

bradtyler02 06-22-2010 12:33 AM

Here is another installment of How To Not Sound Like A Tool brought to you by a new member named A8Kustomz. In order to not sound like a tool, don't do this:

I'm trying to figure out my next car to buy. i want to know the fastest auto sedan that isn't the R8, A8, R10
Followed by this:

no price range. just don't want or like the r8/r10 or the avants. and i have a powerful A8L W12 Showcar. but i won't race my a8
The top it all off with this:

guess this forum is kinda pointless
Thanks again for this week's contributor. The entire thread is titled Fastest Audi and can be found right here in the Off Topic section. Please feel free to join in on the flaming. It's getting pretty hot over there. I bet his showcar has sum sweet rimz, yo!