Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How to sell my chrome wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Default How to sell my chrome wheels?

I need a way to sell these ugly wheels. I have thought about ebay and recycler.com. Which do u think is better? I am think of asking for 300 for them. I have curb rash on the 2 left wheels. They are small but there. I can afford the wheels i want now but after selling these they will be alot more affordable. Its gonna cost me 170/ wheel. Then tax and install. I decided on teh black r-505 with a mach. lip.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:27 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: How to sell my chrome wheels?

I dunno, maybe ask a bunch of your friends at school who drive mercedes' if they are interested... bling wheels can suit a benz. Plus selling them locally would likely get you more money. do you know what kind of wheels they are, and what they retail for? What kind of tires do you have on them?

I mean, they are effin hideous, we are all in agreement there... so whatever you do, don't try and market them towards an audi crowd -- aim at the mercedes owners. They'll bite.

I'd honestly sell them with tires, because you'll save the expense of removing them, and reinstalling them on your new wheels... plus you will likely get a sweet package deal if you buy the new wheels with tires.

just my .02

Old 07-28-2005, 11:17 PM

im not doing the tires b/c they are brnad new and its worth teh 60 bucks to take them off and all. Its on the classfieds here, AW, AZ and recycler.com. I did teh audi places incase theres an idiot or someone searches on yahoo and it turns up the classfied.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:26 PM
5th Gear

mercedes owners will buy them

Old 07-28-2005, 11:30 PM
2nd Gear

Those would look good on a Benz. Audi's just don't look good with chrome wheels. You should sell them quick the price is right.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:30 PM

yea i know alot of cras taht tehy will fit on but i dont know how to get them to see them. Does anyone know of a place that buys used wheels? Or does trade-ins.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:39 PM
5th Gear

just sign up on a few mbz forums and post them in the classifieds. also put em up on craigslist.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:41 PM
5th Gear

Meh, I'd still consider selling with tires... WAY easier to sell them, and like I said, you can generally get tires at cost, or damn close to it, if you're buying wheels from the same people.

Hit up a mercedes forum. And if you ebay them, mention MERCEDES.

These wheels will not fit "a lot" of cars... just mercedes, and audi -- and passats (but they'd be gross on a passat too)

So yeah, mercedes forums... At least offer the buyer the option of buying with tires... (just see how much it'll cost you to get the wheels you want WITH tires).

I'd never buy loose wheels, with no rubber. ... course, I just bought wheels with **** rubber... you'd thikn thats the same thing... but whatever. I got a crazy deal.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:48 PM
rs
2nd Gear

yea dude, 90% of people who buy rims, want tires to go with it.. just my opinion, when u get new wheels, just get new rubbers to go with, ur gonna have a really really hard to sellin rims with no tires..

Old 07-29-2005, 12:00 AM
5th Gear

Thanks for the backup, playa!

Weeez only tryin to help, sinor apg.

What kind of tires did you just buy?

Quick Reply: How to sell my chrome wheels?