Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Husky
15.38%
Craftsman
84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Husky or Craftsman

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 09:15 PM
2nd Gear
Default Husky or Craftsman

Which one do you prefer? I've heard Husky's are very good tools for the price (better than craftsman). Just wanna get your opinion.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:51 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Husky or Craftsman

i like craftsman but they both carry lifetime replacement. i belive that home depot will even exchange a broken craftsman for a new husky

Old 04-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Senior Administrator

Mostly it depends on my available ca$h, at the time, but, if I had the loot I'd get Craftsman all the time. I'm a traditionalist, at heart. My GrandPappy, at who's knee I learned how NOT to cross-thread a bolt, used Craftsman. They're the tools I learned with. 85% of my tools are Craftsman.

Old 04-16-2006, 02:38 PM

in the UK we use snap on or halfords pro which both give the same result and halfords are better at changing the tool than snap on ( they both have life time warranty ) I use both and like the halfords for speed of replacement, a spanner is a spanner regardless of name if you don't know how to use it then its a hammer regardless of cost

Old 04-16-2006, 03:07 PM
1st Gear

since they are so close together in quality and warranty.i usually use the husky as they are easier to identify as mine,better looking like my anadized vise-grip set and color coded thru shaft nut drivers,anadized screwdriver set are easy to see and have a good fit and more expensive look.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:12 PM

My roomie has a nice Husky set in the dorm room and it seems to do the job every time. Both are great I'm sure. Only have experience with the huskies...

Old 04-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Administrator

ehhh i have to say that Snap-on is the best brand.. even though its not an option

Old 04-17-2006, 03:35 AM
3rd Gear

Anything with a lifetime warranty is the best tool.

Other than that, a wrench is a wrench is a wrench, IMO. Unless you're buying tools for a specific task, like a balljoint ratchet extension or a spark plug socket or something, or you know you'll want those extra 5 degrees of angle on the closed end of a wrench, it's all the same.

I am now going to talk about obscure hand tools everyone should have.

Ratcheting stubby wrenches. Like a normal stubby wrench, but the closed end is a ratchet. Brilliant.
Balljoint-ended ratchet extensions. I am starting a new religion, the BERE Evangelists. Want to touch the face of God? It's easy when your socket can swivel 15 degrees on the end of the extension.
Torque wrench=necessary.
Breaker bars.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:24 PM
2nd Gear

Pretty much all of my tools are craftsman. Have not had any problems with them.

Old 04-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Administrator

when i was working at a euro shop I had a few instances when I was trying to get a bolt off of something european, and it was about to strip.. my boss would come over and say use this.. (hands me a snap-on) and that shiat worked like a charm its a much better fit.. so the best in my book, that has been proven over and over again, is Snap-On