Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate kids that dont know anything about cars but think they do.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Default I hate kids that dont know anything about cars but think they do.

I had a conversation in my class at school about some cars. First the kids are trying to tell me that the 300C doesnt have a hemi in it. (the new one) and then that the SRT-8 also doesnt have one. Then a kid comes over and we r talking about the Ford GT and the s/cd V8 in it and the kid tells us hes getting one. I say there is no way. He like yea the Mustang GT (not even the car we were talking about) has a S/Cer in it. I tell him hes an idiot and that it doesnt. He then tells me that hes getting one and of all people he would know. After this goes on for 2 more minutes teh other guys come in and told him he is wrong and that it doesnt have a S/Cer in it. I ahte kids that think they know whta they are talking about and dont.

Sry i just needed to vent.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:43 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I hate kids that dont know anything about cars but think they do.

haha yea i know what you mean, i know a kid just like that, but whenever the topic of cars comes up he trys to act all smart and i just shut him down everytime and he always looks like an idiot

Old 09-27-2005, 12:54 AM

Yea., i didnt wanna be a dick but he just wouldnt shut up and he thought he was right. The only thing that makes me mad is teh 2 other kids still didnt think the 300C had a hemi in it. I was like what do u think the C means and he said that if it was for hemi it would be a H. I will bring some **** to school to shut them up tomorrow.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:57 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: apg96

I had a conversation in my class at school about some cars. First the kids are trying to tell me that the 300C doesnt have a hemi in it. (the new one) and then that the SRT-8 also doesnt have one. Then a kid comes over and we r talking about the Ford GT and the s/cd V8 in it and the kid tells us hes getting one. I say there is no way. He like yea the Mustang GT (not even the car we were talking about) has a S/Cer in it. I tell him hes an idiot and that it doesnt. He then tells me that hes getting one and of all people he would know. After this goes on for 2 more minutes teh other guys come in and told him he is wrong and that it doesnt have a S/Cer in it. I ahte kids that think they know whta they are talking about and dont.

Sry i just needed to vent.
I'm witcha, BUT... I did want to correct one small item. Even though the kid prolly had ZERO clue as to what he was talkin about, the point about the Hemi, while figuratively inaccurate, is technically true. I quote:

Chrysler Hemi engines
Main article: Chrysler Hemi engine
Chrysler's first experience with the Hemi design was during World War 2, in which it developed an experimental 2500 hp (1864 kW) V16 engine for the P-47 Thunderbolt. Experience with this engine led to Chrysler using the Hemi design for their first overhead valve V8 in 1951. This design, the Chrysler FirePower engine, was used until 1959.

In 1964, Chrysler introduced a new 426 in³ (7.0 L) Hemi, designed to win at NASCAR racing and sold to the public to meet homologation requirements and to enable the public to buy the winning engine. It was based on the Chrysler RB engine big-block. The engine was available through 1971, and the DaimlerChrysler corporation still sells crate engines and parts. It was available in most Mopar muscle cars and pony cars of the period, although its high price and limited street tractability kept sales fairly low.

Chrysler introduced a modern Hemi in 2002. This engine is not a true hemispherical head engine; it has a polyspherical combustion chamber, but retains the Hemi's traditional inline perpendicular valves. This engine replaced Chrysler's large LA family of engines, particularly the Magnum 5.9, in the early 2000s. It is available in two sizes; 5.7 and 6.1 liters. Some versions utilise a variable displacement technology called the Multi-Displacement System (MDS) to improve fuel economy.

You can still call it a Hemi because D/C OWNS teh rights to teh name, and can therefore use it wherever they want. And, who wants a "POLY" engine, NEway? Hemi sounds WAY cooler

Feel free to trot THAT little tidbit out next time you're talkin engines in a room fulla quasi-gearheads and watch them pop a gasket...

Old 09-27-2005, 01:00 AM
3rd Gear

Visit any SRT4 forum and revel in the stupidity.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:00 AM
1st Gear

i know how you feel man, this kid is telling me that sti's came to the US in 2002, no you *** wrx's came here in 2002, sti's came here 04, and then he's gonna tell me that s4's never came twinturbo, i just turned around and walked away

Old 09-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: 6cylbiturbo

i know how you feel man, this kid is telling me that sti's came to the US in 2002, no you *** wrx's came here in 2002, sti's came here 04, and then he's gonna tell me that s4's never came twinturbo, i just turned around and walked away
Did you kno SRT4's are FASTER than a Ferrarri, too?

Old 09-27-2005, 01:13 AM
1st Gear

yeah, that was actually part of a discussion on here (AF) before. jazz made the correct point with his quote "This is not a true hemespherical head engine". but it does say 'HEMI' right there on the side so i could see how someone would get easily mislead.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:19 AM
Administrator

i hate it when people do that

did u kno that Audis comes with Vtec

Old 09-27-2005, 01:57 AM

Yea. I guess im not the only car guy that get fed up with that. And yes i know that the new Hemis arent hemis at all but they werent saying that b/c they said the magnum and ram had them. My favorite was when they said the SRT-9 had teh SRT-8 engine. SRT isnt a engine its a designing team. the 8 comes from 8 cylinders hence the SRT 10 and the SRT 4. OO well i guess its good knowing deep down this kid has no idea of anything about cars and especially nothing about the car his is buying.

Quick Reply: I hate kids that dont know anything about cars but think they do.