Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance Question... please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Guru

No painter I've ever talked to, myself included, has painted the next day without giving the paint a few stirs, first. And if you have a good eye and consistent, natural lighting then you'll notice a difference with the freshly painted panel. Regardless, there was a line, he noticed a difference, and was upset about the poor quality of the work. Stop defending the shop's half assed attempt at paint and stop defending Chevrolet's poor decisions that led them to where they are today.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by airguard350
No painter I've ever talked to, myself included, has painted the next day without giving the paint a few stirs, first. And if you have a good eye and consistent, natural lighting then you'll notice a difference with the freshly painted panel. Regardless, there was a line, he noticed a difference, and was upset about the poor quality of the work. Stop defending the shop's half assed attempt at paint and stop defending Chevrolet's poor decisions that led them to where they are today.
I did not realize that I was defending anyone's work. Mea Culpa. I likely did not read all of the posts. I am not a painter, but I was just repeating the things that I have heard over the years.

BTW, you said that "No painter I've ever talked to, myself included, has painted the next day..." Just how often do you talk to yourself? But more importantly, how often do you respond to yourself?

Have a great safe holiday.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 AM
1st Gear

For one thing, you don't have to take the car where they say. It's up to you where you take it. An hour away? I would have told them to pack sand.
But about the bumper, you're screwed the only fix is to repaint by someone who knows what they are doing.
And I hope you made them use genuine Audi parts. Another scam by insurance companies, use cheap Chinese knockoff parts.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:03 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by airguard350
There's actually another reason for that, too. Cobalts had the same issue and I came to find out that the paint was manufactured by two different manufacturers and the one pipelined the paintto the Chevy plant, which affected the shade.
Airgard359,

I know nothing about paint (as you previously pointed out, lol). Just having some fun.

Seriously, I know little about paint.

But, are you sure about the two diff suppliers of paint? This is going thru my mind: Don't they paint all of the body parts for a particular unit of car production at the same time? How would the factory have two 'brands' of paint on the same car at the same time?

I am very curious about this. Please give us your 2 cents.

Ed

Old 04-20-2018, 11:17 AM
1st Gear

Hi everyone, I agree with you DSR Leasing offers great deals for each and every car because my friend recently bought my Audi car from them.https://dsrleasing.com/car-listings/...-lease-369-mo/. Also they offer lease end protection program that you might be interested, https://dsrleasing.com/lease-end-protection/.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:43 PM
1st Gear

It seems to me that in this world there are no people who would not like Audi and did not dream about the car of this brand Personally, I am fascinated even by the history of the Audi logo creation. I hope that in the near future I can buy Audi

Old 08-07-2019, 06:07 AM
Banned

Did the body shop mention anything about a clear coat on the paint? That can change the color. Maybe a detail shop could answer your question too. I've talked to them in our area and they seem knowledgable on issues like this if your body shop can't help you out.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Banned

Did the body shop mention anything about a clear coat on the paint? That can change the color. Maybe a detail shop could answer your question too. I've talked to them in our area and they seem knowledgable on issues like this if your body shop can't help you out.

Old 07-27-2021, 10:09 AM
1st Gear

I also have questions about insurance! What type of insurance should I get for small business? Did you faced with such problems? If yes, can you share your experience?

Old 07-28-2021, 03:09 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kipelon
I also have questions about insurance! What type of insurance should I get for small business? Did you faced with such problems? If yes, can you share your experience?
It is not so simple to answer on your question. I don't know anything about your company, so you should share more detailed information. We need to determine all risks which can be related to your activities and then to provide suitable decision. I think if you have small company, general liability insure will be enough.