AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Its official, Im retired! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/its-official-im-retired-77070/)

auditech79 10-03-2007 07:59 PM

Its official, Im retired!

Or at least from being a technician. :(I have been contemplating giving up wrenching for the past year even with all my accomplishments at audi. Im still audi certified until 2010, kind of like a doctor out of practice if you will. Im gonna be taking over the family lawn care company that extends over most of Nor Cal. Wish me luck guys! I'll still be around to answer any and all questions that i can, it would be a waste to let my knowledge die with my career!

kolbs_91 10-03-2007 08:02 PM

RE: Its official, Im retired!

Best of luck, man. I know good techs make good money, but often go through hell when it comes to the hours they work. How long has your family been in the lawn care business??

auditech79 10-03-2007 08:09 PM

Since 89, its not mowing lawns or anything, its all chemicals. Fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, things of that nature. I had to get certified all over again for the state. :(

kriptonik 10-03-2007 08:11 PM

Best of luck to you.

Enjoy everything you're gonna do, it makes life a lot easier and better. :D

AWDaholic 10-03-2007 08:12 PM

so, if my Audi starts growing WEEDS and schitt...

auditech79 10-03-2007 08:14 PM

If you don't fix that POS i might have to throw some roundup on it or something. :D

kolbs_91 10-03-2007 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: auditech79

Since 89, its not mowing lawns or anything, its all chemicals. Fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, things of that nature. I had to get certified all over again for the state. :(
That sounds a lot better than mowing/trimming. I don't mind mowing, but I'm not sure I'd want to make a career out of it.

auditech79 10-03-2007 08:18 PM

Yeah me either, plus chemicals pay a WHOLE lot better. Im only competing against Chem Lawn instead of three hundred different companies that rule the landscape industry out here.......................................... I mean hispanics, cough....

kolbs_91 10-03-2007 08:23 PM

lol @ hispanics *cough*.

I don't think I've ever even heard of Chem Lawn. We've just got Tru Green here in the stix...[8D]

If they're not family owned/oriented, you've definitely got that against them.

AUDIjp98 10-03-2007 08:24 PM

i need to get my eyes checked....i thought the title said somthin different....any way im not with chem lawns......it sucks and also its not good for my pets......and they be takin our yobs the mexicanos