AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Just got back from Laguna Seca... (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/just-got-back-laguna-seca-25087/)

EvilA4 02-11-2006 11:40 PM

Just got back from Laguna Seca...

and boy, is my car heavy and somewhat underpowered!

But its not about that; its about how incredible the whole experience was.

That was my first time on the track and I love it, Im hooked! The track was a blast, Ill post pictures and video when I get a chance. My crowning achievment was passing a 2006 A4 3.0, I was taking better lines than he was and I passed him on the straight from turn 4 to 5.

They had some CRAZY ASS Audis there... one UR Quattro there was almost 700hp. It was damn quick and the driver was clean and tight on the turns. I was able to drive with, what Im guessing, was one of the owners of 2bennet. Old guy, drives a electric blue S4, says its pushing 600hp... totally full of shit most of the time I was with him. He was telling me this story about a pig or some shit for 5 laps! 5 LAPS!!! His slow lame ass was being passed everywhere... even by a damn HONDA CIVIC. The reason why I say he is full of shit is because he kept telling me "IM NOT EVEN HAMMERING IT." What he would do was hammer it a little and when he couldnt catch the car, he would say that. The guy in the CIVIC was a damn good driver.

The fastest car there, in the corners, was a bone stock Lotus Elise! I had a chance, at the last moment, to drive with the guy that owned it. One of the best drivers there. The car was as fast, if not faster, than that UR QUATTRO in the corners... and it was frickin STOCK! He was passing S4s, Coupes, RS6s, Evos, STIs... whatever was on the track, he passed them. Just to give you an idea of how well the car behaved, on turn 8, he went through at 60mph. The only down side to that car was the fact it didnt have very good racing seats. I felt like I was going to run into him while he was driving, I felt like I had to push myself back into the seat. There is also nothing to hold onto. As he told me "Its so good, its almost silly"

My experience was pretty good, my Ecstas were ok, I think more grip would have been nice. I really do think something is up with my turbo, it felt like I was going anywhere when I jammed the throttle. It felt like I was pumping 15psi into the atmosphere, and maybe 5 or 6 psi was going into the engine. I almost ate shit on turn 8... I took a really early apex and threw the car a little sideways, nothing too bad. I gauge how well I did by how many people I passed. I passed a Cooper S, 2 Audi TTs (both 225hp), a 2006 A4 3.0, and a B6 1.8t avant.

Ill post pics when I can! I need brakes...

PandaXpress 02-11-2006 11:46 PM

RE: Just got back from Laguna Seca...

sounds like a fun time i cant wait to hit the track some day

BFlan2001 02-11-2006 11:47 PM

next time you go to that HIT ME UP!!!! laguna seca is the best f-ing track on earth! i've never had the chance to take it in a car, only bikes...but i imagine it's pretty amazing...seriously, if you do that again, shoot me an email or pm so i can try to make it down there..that would be awesome!

pturbo 02-11-2006 11:48 PM

That sounds like a blast man. I've been to several races there. I would love to do some fast laps behind the wheel. Look forward to the picts.

apg96 02-12-2006 12:19 AM

I wanna do taht too so bad., I almost signed up for that one too, the only thing is taht i need a helmet to race with. Can u rent them anywhere? Also i wish i could get someone to go up with me.

QuattroGT74 02-12-2006 01:07 AM

Sounds like a great time. Laguna Seca is one of my favorite tracks.

The Elise is pretty much unbeatable as a stock track car. The new Exige even better:)

pturbo 02-12-2006 01:17 AM

I can think of a lot of stock cars that could beat an elise. I guess they just weren't there. I can see how Minis and four door sedans couldn't do it.

apg96 02-12-2006 01:20 AM

The Noble M12 is suppose to be just as good, and it comes with a twin turbo as an option. My friend's dad is looking to buy an Exige, but i think the motor is changing to a toyota so he wnats to wiat for the new engine so the parts will be available in 5 yrs.

QuattroGT74 02-12-2006 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: apg96

The Noble M12 is suppose to be just as good, and it comes with a twin turbo as an option. My friend's dad is looking to buy an Exige, but i think the motor is changing to a toyota so he wnats to wiat for the new engine so the parts will be available in 5 yrs.
My friend just traded in his Boxster S for a Noble M12, and he loves it. It is a pretty amazing performance tool especially for the money. 0-60 in 3.5 secs with brakes and handling to compete with the very best.

apg96 02-12-2006 01:26 AM

Thats sick, when i get that kind of money, thats what im gonna buy for a track car. Its doesnt have to do smog either b/c its a kit car right?