Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Kerry... at least he knows football.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 03:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Kerry... at least he knows football.

"I will say this," he added. "There is nothing better than Buckeye football, period!"

Kerry used this set piece several times in Ohio, to great effect, never mind the waffling with the generality of "Buckeye" football. Was he talking Ohio State University specifically? Or just football in the state in general? Only Kerry knows.

But then Kerry dug a huge hole for himself. On Sunday and into Monday, Kerry hit Michigan, where he attempted to use the same Ohio jokes. Clearly, the sports humor has to be taken out of his hands before he really embarrasses himself.

"I just came here from Bowling Green," Kerry told the crowd to subdued applause. "I was smart enough not to pick a choice between the Falcons and the, well, you know, all those other teams out there. I just go for Buckeye football, that's where I'm coming from."

At that point, before all the boos began raining down upon him, Kerry seemed to realize his error. In an attempt to silent the angry crowd of University of Michigan supporters, Kerry said, "But that was while I was in Ohio. I know I'm in the state of Michigan and you got a great big M and a powerhouse of a team."
Kerry knows...

Old 08-06-2004, 03:34 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Kerry... at least he knows football.

WOW!!! And I thought Bush was an idiot![sm=icon_rofl.gif]