Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

King Kong review

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 03:55 PM
2nd Gear
Default King Kong review

I liked King Kong. PJ did an excellent job of it. There were many things in the movie that i found my self saying sweet job, nice.

I really did not watch for acting, over acting, or bad acting. I think they were all very strong characters. Well played. There were very few instances were i groaned mentally over the acting.

Onto the effects:
Despite all i had read and heard about the effects, this is why I went. I wanted to see the dream made real. I was not let down. Now i found some of the island sets artificial, but then again I think that is intentional. The fight scenes, the movement of the creatures were well done.

Couple of the chase scenes were, hmm odd. Out running a raptor with a 20 foot stride, and bronti with a much longer stride... Well it's artistic license i guess.

Overall I really enjoyed this movie.

In comparison: I preferred CON much better than this movie. I was more emotionally drawn into the CON film than this one. The action parts between the two were in my opinion on par with each other.

As for the acting, I would have to say Kongs cast did a better job than the members of CON. That being said, the attentive rapture i felt while watching CON was not present when watching KONG. Something was missing. This was a slight disconnect that might have made this my favorite movie of the year.

Old 12-17-2005, 04:25 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: King Kong review

ORIGINAL: Grouse

I liked King Kong. PJ did an excellent job of it. There were many things in the movie that i found my self saying sweet job, nice.

I really did not watch for acting, over acting, or bad acting. I think they were all very strong characters. Well played. There were very few instances were i groaned mentally over the acting.

Onto the effects:
Despite all i had read and heard about the effects, this is why I went. I wanted to see the dream made real. I was not let down. Now i found some of the island sets artificial, but then again I think that is intentional. The fight scenes, the movement of the creatures were well done.

Couple of the chase scenes were, hmm odd. Out running a raptor with a 20 foot stride, and bronti with a much longer stride... Well it's artistic license i guess.

Overall I really enjoyed this movie.

In comparison: I preferred CON much better than this movie. I was more emotionally drawn into the CON film than this one. The action parts between the two were in my opinion on par with each other.

As for the acting, I would have to say Kongs cast did a better job than the members of CON. That being said, the attentive rapture i felt while watching CON was not present when watching KONG. Something was missing. This was a slight disconnect that might have made this my favorite movie of the year.
Thx for the feedback Grouse. I was planning to see Kong today but I really want to see CON even more. I was a huge fan of the books. I will probably do that one first.