Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

lets hear your best hard luck story of the week....

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Default lets hear your best hard luck story of the week....

i've been bumming lately because it just has NOT been a good few weeks for me.

first, i get back from denmark after being away for a few weeks, and have an accident in a storm where a log falls down in front of my car and i hit it. hello bent front control arms, two torn CV boots, cracked subframe, two wheel bearings, one hub, cracked bumper, and cracked windshield. at least insurance will cover some, but im still out 1500 beans for that. so im in a crappy POS chevy cobalt rental car right now, that i just figured out does NOT have ABS and i almost crashed the other day thanks to that little "cost cut" on the assembly line. and to top it off, two weeks ago my girl of 5.5 years decides she wants to "end" things when i get back from denmark. im forced to leave the apartment and put my stuff into storage at my mothers house, and have to live in the guestroom while i scramble to find a new apartment somehow in the next three weeks. she also keeps the pitbull we had together which is killing me, and then the kicker of the week is that she called after two solid weeks of not talking since i left, and i thought she was gonna want to work it out, but it turns out the call was really about money for the cable and PSEG. so basically i have no girl, no apartment, no dog, and no worldly possessions in life right now other than my TVs stereos guitars and clothes....WTF anyway, the only positives right now are my band and job are going well at least, and im gonna get my car back soon.

so, please chime in and lets hear your best tales of recent woe!! someone please tell me they are having a worse week than me. hell it could even be theraputic for you! =)

EDIT: i forgot to also add another lovely tidbit of my life, which is that this week i found out that some douchebag somehow got my bank card number and started placing a number of fraudulent charges on my account. ive been talking to the bank and they say they will "investigate" but that it's likely i can't get the money back for 30 days or more. its only a few hundred bucks so far, but its NOT COOL =(

Old 07-04-2008, 11:34 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: lets hear your best hard luck story of the week....

That really sucks that your week was so bad. The accident may have cost you, but the way I see it a car is still much more easily repaired than a relationship.

My biggest woes lately only go as far as not having internet at my house for six days.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:01 AM
5th Gear

last week, i dropped 1,100 lbs of OSB plywood onto the welder at work, and in the process dented my boss' Porsche 914 Bumblebee, of which, there are less than 250 in known existance. That was pretty shitty.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:42 PM
1st Gear

It all started about 4 months ago. I was at a hardcore concert, dancing and having a good time when one of my "friends" lashed out at me, and grabbed my shoulder to turn me around and then punched my in the face, resulting in me missing one of my favorite bands and 8 stitches. After talking to him about it he said that he would pay my hospital bill so no big deal. Well about a month ago I got fired for "inappropriate internet use" no warnings, or notice, I was just waking up for a Monday at work to get a call from a co-worker saying that I was being let go. So I hop on the internet to start the job search and what I find is a post on craigslist for MY position the Friday before I was even fired. Then after taking a week to get my last pay check the next week I finally got my hospital bill, that being for $595. And this is all after my first 3 weeks of claiming un-employment had been denied every time with no real reason it seems. Just the same letter every week saying that there is an unresolved problem that if more information is needed then they will contact me, and to keep claiming each week. So after getting into contact with my "friend" about my hospital bill he is now refusing to pay it, and being a complete ***** about it. So currently I have no way to pay next months rent and bills, let alone the hospital bill