Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License plates

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 02:42 PM
1st Gear
Default License plates

have a custom plate?

whats it say? tryin to get a few ideas.

Old 06-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Default RE: License plates

hmmm not a very explicative question, your street/name as in your avitor (1 ATE T)

Old 06-16-2006, 02:52 PM

I would love to do that (DAV 1 D) but not allowed in the UK sad buggers we are you know well at least the GOV is

Old 06-16-2006, 03:02 PM
5th Gear

funniest one i've seen is tom ritt's..i can't remember exactly how he spelled his out but it's basically like this (think rear view mirror):

X32 JA70

if you're in a state that requires front plates and the cops in your area are d!cks, you may want to consider putting your state plate #s on there. i did that and it's actually gotten me out of a fix-it ticket (although technically it's just as illegal as any other euro plate)

Old 06-16-2006, 03:19 PM
1st Gear

yup Ohio has those stupid laws.. a couple of my buddies have euro plates with no problems tho.

Old 06-16-2006, 04:11 PM
2nd Gear

Most of the time, they are not going to pull you for just that, as long as you have the right plate on the back of the car, then you are all good.

Old 06-16-2006, 04:50 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: bentframe

funniest one i've seen is tom ritt's..i can't remember exactly how he spelled his out but it's basically like this (think rear view mirror):

X32 JA70
That is pretty damn funny. And you know they would issue it too, because they would never catch it.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:29 PM
3rd Gear

dont have any plate but i have a good story about my front plate.. went to go put it on because i was going on a road trip and the states in my area require a front place.. had it on my tool box in the carage well i went to get it, looked all over for it and finally looked down on the ground infront of the work dest we have in the garage.. well there were peaces of a license plate all over the ground, so I picked a few of them up.. sure enough it was mine.. asked my dad what happend.. he bought a new set of tin snips and used my plate to test it out.. he just stated laughing in my face..

Old 06-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

dont have any plate but i have a good story about my front plate.. went to go put it on because i was going on a road trip and the states in my area require a front place.. had it on my tool box in the carage well i went to get it, looked all over for it and finally looked down on the ground infront of the work dest we have in the garage.. well there were peaces of a license plate all over the ground, so I picked a few of them up.. sure enough it was mine.. asked my dad what happend.. he bought a new set of tin snips and used my plate to test it out.. he just stated laughing in my face..
dude, from teh few stories you've shared with us, I can say, without revocation, yur Dad's a D!<&. Nothing personal.

Old 06-17-2006, 01:29 AM
2nd Gear

1 ate t: where you at in columbus? i think i've seen 4 or 5 columbus people so far. anyone else out there?

Quick Reply: License plates