Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

mugged, people suck ass

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 04:53 AM
dan
2nd Gear
Default mugged, people suck ***

Coming back from the corner store and 2 guys jump out of this beatup ******* taurus and demand my cash... one of them was weilding this little knife... so I think bah **** it, I'll just give it to them, the $20 odd buck I had in my pocket wasnt worth the effort

Well, that obviously wasnt enough for the, so they demand my wedding ring, this pretty much crosses the line. One of them managed to get the ring off my hand (damn losing weight made is easier *mumbles*) BUT! not before I put the one with the knifes head through the rear passenger window and I'm pretty sure I broke the other guys jaw before the 3rd passenger in the car got out and pulled them back into it befor ethey sped off... All i have to show for it is a couple of cuts on my arm and no wedding ring....

I hate people, my next mod after the wheels is going to be a license to carry a concealed weapon.

Old 04-29-2006, 05:11 AM
Default RE: mugged, people suck ***

wow dude. be happy they didnt take your life. everything taken can be replaced, your life or body parts is a little more dificult. but i completely agree that some people out there really do suck ***. what goes around comes around, your a person that is able to make that 20 odd dollars and that wedding band, and a pimp audi. they have to drive a shitty *** taurus and jump random people with a knife. be proud they chose you lol. sorry to hear of your troubles. Just the rambling of a 19 yeer old with a beer ball.

Old 04-29-2006, 05:19 AM
dan
2nd Gear

hahahah proud? nah, I was just there, 2 min before or 2 min after and they would have skipped me completly. I wish i didnt decide to stop drinking and get a soda... soda was the entire point of walking the 100 feed (4 houses) and across the road to the store...

I swear, had I not had a 6 pack of ying ling and 3 smirnoff Ice's on board, I'd have not even got the cuts I did get... and I'd have probably beat the **** out of the 3rd guy in the car along with the driver....

I tell ya what, its a good way to sober you up while getting rid of the original tension that made you want to get drunk in the 1st place soooo I guess I'll be up the cop shop tomorrow filing a report, it's just such a pain in the ***... and know my knuckles hurt..

Old 04-29-2006, 05:24 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

[:@]
F*in losers...
Glad to hear your ok - minus a few scrapes...
too bad you couldnt grab a plate off the Taurus.. but u shouldve called the cops right after -

Yeah - Karma's coming to whoops somebody's ***... A wedding ring?
Who the hell steals a guys wedding ring. [:'(]

Old 04-29-2006, 05:30 AM
dan
2nd Gear

yeah I should have called the cops, but I'm not in any real state to make a report right now I'll do it in the moring purly for insurance purposes, I don't expect to see anything come of it...

Hell, they tried to steal my surf bead necklace I picked up in the islands on my last vacation, but just ended up breaking it... these guys were losers and luckly, will be hellishly sore tomorrow... Thats one saving grace at least.

Old 04-29-2006, 05:56 AM
5th Gear

What a bunch of ******* basturds I would have pulled out my gun and stoped it right then and there, ever since a friend got jumped here I have carried my 45 when i go out

Old 04-29-2006, 06:10 AM
3rd Gear

If you would have had your firearm, you would have been able to defend yourself. I would have shot every one of them in a heart beat. This world is full of crazies anymore. I hate going out at all. I'm just thankful I live in a nice part of town... Glad to hear your ok. They will get dealt with. When I was in high school, I had 9 grand in my stereo system, my whole life savings and the one time I parked it outside at night, it was broken into and everything I ever worked for was gone. Well, I found out who did it and wanted to kill them and what do you know... The two guys were driving down a highway 4 days before Christmas and they ran off the road at 85 and they were both paralized from the neck down. It's strange how the world turns. They will get theirs. Just be thankful your ok... Sorry for the drawn out reply but it makes me sick to hear stories like this. Sh#t BAGS! [:@]

Old 04-29-2006, 06:18 AM
gpz
1st Gear

(Big sigh...) Sucks bro... I've been jumped before too, and like you managed to get in really good licks. Actually, when the cops showed (yeah, they actually showed for once, can you believe it?) they arrested me first, because I was beating on this kid with a trash can lid. I had grabbed it because he was swinging at me with a short bat... Anyway... here's the deal: Don't read the rest of this post until you have calmed down and can rationally hear what I'm telling you.

The first thing you need to invest your money and time in is not a concealed permit... its self defense classes. Not the kind that teach fighting techniques necessarily, but the kind that teach about victimology and de-escalation techniques. The best way to win a fight is to avoid it altogether.

Look, I know this probably what you don't want to hear right now, but you need to listen to what I say. A while back I spent nearly 10 years in the Army, and I have been in a couple of scrapes: '91 in Iraq, '93 in Mogadishu, '95 in Bosnia...(If anyone here was Infantry, I have a star on my C.I.B.... enough said....I got out in '99). What I am telling you is that you never, ever want to put yourself in the position where you might have to kill somebody...I don't mean for their sake, I mean for yours. You life will never be the same, ever, and not in a good way, unless you like post traumatic stress or are a sociopath.

Now I have a family to protect, and yes I have a concealed carry permit, and yes, (when I'm practicing) I'm one of the best combat marksman around, (I have had world class instruction, and real life application while in the military). However, I very rarely, practically never carry anymore. Everything is situation based, and I am never in a situation where I feel the need to carry anymore, as I don't put myself in those situations. I do always carry a folder, and have also had lots of training in edged weapon martial arts, but the reason I carry a folder is simply to have a pocket knife at hand. (Its amazing that even in the office I'm always needing a pocket knife.)

Anyway, as I was saying, you need to first get some training / counciling on why you were the victim. You were selected for some reason, and you somehow unknowingly put yourself at risk, and were "interviewed" for your victom status before you were actually cut... Absolutely some of the best martial arts training I've had was from a gentleman named Peyton Quinn (Rocky Mountain Combat Applications Training), and he had some very intersting insight into this. See this link: Peyton Quin on being interviewed for "victom potential"

Hey, I'm sorry if this sounds preachy, that is not my intent. I just want you to know that I've been exactly where you're at right now. After you get over being pissed off you may start questioning / doubting / getting down on yourself. Don't. You did just fine. You're still alive, which is really what FezA4 was trying to say I think.

Old 04-29-2006, 09:07 AM
dan
2nd Gear

you make sense and I have no intention of getting a carry permit.

As far as puttung myself in a bad situations goes, BAH! I was literally 30 feet from my house walking back from the store with a bottle of diet coke and this is the 1st fight I've been in since I left high school ~9-10 years ago... So I'd not say I put myself in bad situations, wrong place, wrong time.

The reason I was "targetted?" if you could even call it that, is more than likely because I'm white in a majority young black town. Go figure, reverse racisim if pretty rampant

the 4 years of Philippine martial arts saved my ***, but the alcahol slowed me down enough they had a "ok" chance at completing their task. Anyway, now that it's light out I'm going to go try and find my ring... pretty good chance they dropped it since they were not exactly healthy when they were dragged into the car

Old 04-29-2006, 12:23 PM

that sucks man but i think you did well, obviously cause your here.

i got mugged once by a crackhead in the city. it was kinda funny i was a little drunk and this is how the converstion kinda went

mugger: gimme you wallet and you watch muthaf.....
me: dammit
Mugger: (still trying to intimidate)
me: look ill give you twenty and im keeping the rest, ill write this off as a act of god no big deal
Mugger: you crazy, you gonna get kilt
me: you have a choice, take this twenty and go smoke crack or we will both have a bad night
mugger: then give me the twenty
me: here, now go find jesus bitch
mugger: f... you
me: (continue to the car and begin anticipating the next bar)

mind you i am 6"5 and 230 lbs so its easy to be intimidating, i cant help but think what was this guy thinking i could have seriously hurt him with one swing. Then i realized it had to be the drugs he was on. point of this...i did the same thing you did, he just accepted my terms.

Quick Reply: mugged, people suck ass