Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

MY LIFE CHANGED IN 30 SECONDS

Old 02-21-2008, 03:21 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default MY LIFE CHANGED IN 30 SECONDS

welli willgive you a quickbackground story.
I work for a tire company that deals with OTR tires (off the road)the kind you see on heavyequipment. Iwas off loading a tire off thesemi truck when it came off the forks and crushed my rightleg and ankle tire weighed about 3000 pounds. i have since had two surgeries with not much of a result.
so now the worst news of my life
i go to the Dr on Tues and in less than 30 sec he tells me there is nothing else he can do i he will be doing the paper work to make me
PERMANTLY DISABLED just that fast my life,my families lives have changed. i am only 31 years old and had my whole life ahead of me, now i can only walk for about 10-15mins at a time and he says i will be ever be able to do more.
just wanted to share how fast a life can change and how it does not only affect you it affects everyone around you.

LIFE IS GOLDEN LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS AROUND THE CORNER.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:46 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: MY LIFE CHANGED IN 30 SECONDS

Damn man, I'm real sorry to hear that. Best wishes for you and your family.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:37 AM
SoCal Crew Member

thanks guys, the only thing i can do is hope. the only problem that i really have now is alot of nerve damage and they can not do much for it.
thanks again

Old 02-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

i'm so sorry for what has happened. i'm sure so many things went through your head and probably still are, but these are some thoughts you should ponder.

it takes a lot of time for nerves to heal.
the power of positive thinking and personal will are tremendous forces andcan be miricles for what the body can overcome. don't give up!!
look for other doctors, maybe a physical therapist. do some research yourself.
the one person that will fight the hardest for you and your well beingis YOU.

it's a shame that most of us take so many things for granted.
just do your best to focus on what you can do now, rather than how things were before.
i bet in the days to come you will find strength you never knew you had and even then, keep reaching for more. use the love and support from family and friends to feed that strength and i'm sure you'll find improvement and positives that will bring you great joy.
best of luck and my thoughts are with you.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:36 AM

man thats horible... really sorry to hear that, lets hope that the doc was/is wronghopefully with some hard work you will be just fine... maybe never 100 percent but able to play with your kids and such!! best of luck to you

Old 02-21-2008, 11:39 AM
6th Gear

wow, that is horrible to hear, I'm sorry. Hopefully they can find something to help you out.

Everyone be safe and watch out for the little things you think can't hurt you.

Best of wishes to you.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:42 AM
4th Gear

wow dude, that sucks, it horrible, hats crazy how **** like that happens in an instant

Old 02-21-2008, 11:45 AM
2nd Gear

Sorry about the bad news. At least you can still walk.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:12 PM
4th Gear

That truly sucks, mate, but now you get some real cool parking! Not to mention the really nice wide restroom stalls without the guilt.

Just joking with you, but you don't sound like the down type. Still plenty of life left in you and who knows, with the right therapy training you gain back some mobility - some pretty amazing sheet has happened before. [:-]

But first and foremost - don't lose hope, mate. If you ever need to chat PM me... had a cousin in a similar situation... [&o]

Old 02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
4th Gear

I'm so sorry. Don't give up hope, your still relatively young. The nerves can heal over time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MY LIFE CHANGED IN 30 SECONDS