Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My non Audi - 1991 cb7 Honda Accord coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:57 AM
1st Gear
Default My non Audi - 1991 cb7 Honda Accord coupe

I didn't notice a non-Audi member's ride section, but I'm damn proud of my ride (The Audi is my my wife's DD) and I thought some other enthusiasts might enjoy seeing something from the other side of the import world. (especially a Honda without a wing, kit or a thousand go fast stickers lol)
I've cut over two seconds off her 1/4 mile time, and she runs mid 15s off the bottle. (Not bad considering I've added about 100 lbs, bringing her race weight up to about 3150 lbs!)

Her name is uzume, it's short for Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto, the Japanese Goddess of laughter, dawn and erotica.

Engine:
Exospeed Stage 1 cam
Modified CD5 Weapon-R Hyper SRI
Tsudo Vortex mushroom filter
Spyder Auto TS-HE-HA90-C 4.2.1 chrome header
Hi-flow cat
Spyder Auto YZ-CB-16100 catback with 4.5 inch tip
P12 ecu
Cold Fusion Nitrous wet kit running a 50 shot

Exterior:
Custom projector headlights with amber high beams
93 SE lip
JDM gold HOA badges
Orange neon undercar kit

Interior:
Integra GS shift boot
Ractive vented titanium shift ****

Suspension/wheels
15" Kosei Grand Infest D4 wheels
Unknown strut bar

Audio:
Pioneer DEH-6800mp
Alpine MRV-T707
Audio Art 12s X 2
4.73 Cu. ft. sealed box
JL Audio components in cabin

Plans:
BODYWORK!!! - patch, shave, fill, repaint, copper flake
Rear strut tower brace
Suede and leather wrap for interior (same colors)
4 channel amp and new cabin speakers
2 inch front drop, 1.5 inch rear drop
Tint (bronze metallic or 35% black)
Flushmount or low rise w/ led strip
All smoked lights and chrome.

The passenger side says "The flavors of Spring/sweeten the air that I breathe/Tire smoke and fuel". The driver side says 'Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto.'

Hope you like her!

Last edited by visualpoet; 12-02-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Senior Administrator

SPAM!!!

J/K

I guess we *could* add a Non-Audi section... To my knowledge, no one's ever asked.

Nice to see a de-riced ricer, for a change.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:15 AM
1st Gear

I was actually surprised not to see a section for other rides. The forum I usually frequent (cb7tuner.com) has a section for non 4th gen Accords because there are so many of us that have other rides with just as much blood sweat, tears and money as our cb7 does (and with 24,000 + members, someone else might be able to answer questions about something besides Honda. lol). A few others I've belonged to have done the same thing.

I don't plan on hyping my car up, I just wanted to share and I rarely talk trash about another type of car. I believe a true enthusiast can appreciate the beauty in any fine automobile, or at least respect the work someone else has done to it, even if it's not something they personally like.

Thanks for the welcome!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:37 AM
5th Gear

I love that the Japanese have a god that is about both laughter and erotica. :P

Underglow kit takes me back to being 17 years old, but it's great to see a largely unmolested Honda. :P

Old 12-02-2010, 12:10 PM
2nd Gear

I am so glad to see a nicely modded honda that doesn't scream I'm a 17 year old who doesn't know dick about performance, but big wings are cool and my girlfriend likes the sound it makes.

I have a classic honda as my DD, cuts my insurance in half on the audi, costs 6$ a month to insure, and gets triple the mileage of my a6. I love that car. Can't wait to rebuild the CVCC and show the world whats up.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Needs moar low!

I appreciate Hondas and I can see you've put some work into it.

K series soon?

Old 12-03-2010, 07:56 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Needs moar low!

I appreciate Hondas and I can see you've put some work into it.

K series soon?

Thanks everyone! Who'd think my Honda would be getting better response than my 100!

I've liked undercars since the eighties when only the guys with fatbody domestics were rocking them. I rarely use them on the street. They look WAY too red for my comfort and I dislike being pulled over for any reason. My sig is from getting pulled over for my exhaust being too loud. (He was hoping to catch some teenage kid, my exhaust can be loud, but it wasn't when he was following me for the mile through his little town at night. I knew he was back there and intentionally kept it below 2500 rpms and never went over maybe 1/8th throttle. Imagine his shock when he found me, the wife and our two youngest kids in the car.)

She definitely needs a drop, but I have kids and they have first dibs on fundage. I don't want to throw some crap no name coilovers on her, and the winters in Ohio won't let me leave her dropped on lowering springs year round. I've been pretty lucky on this build. As the car sits, I've got less than $2k in the entire project, including the car. A lot of craigslist watching and bartering for parts has gone on.

No K series. No H either. I'm planning on a monster F22a build with a bigger n2o shot. Bisimoto Engineering has an N/A f22a with a little bit of work done to it that puts down over 450 hp. Granted, it's in his 9 second drag Insight, but it started life as the same engine I've got now. I plan on building another block as I can afford the right parts, then when it's together and broken in, hitting it with some spray. Bisi offers a long block set up guaranteed to handle at least 900 hp before it shrapnels, so I might just save up and buy a motor from him. By the time I would pay for the parts I want and gone to the trouble of having a block scoped for flaws, and then building it, I could buy one from him with a guarantee. A guarantee is a good thing to have if the engine goes boom. If I mess up my build, I just have shrapnel. Expensive expensive shrapnel. lol