Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Sh!tty Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 11:12 AM
2nd Gear
Default My Sh!tty Saturday

so saturday i go to pick up my friend and we drive about 70 miles away from our house to this customer of ours store to give him something and we leave there asap. as i'm driving on the highway not speeding or anything, talkin to my friend on the phone i get pulled over by a state patrol for "driving 83 in a 55 while switchin lane to pass". i did not come even close to 80 that day the whole way down and back but he said he caught me and i dunno what to do since i just got my license back 3 weeks ago

Old 06-13-2005, 11:36 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: My Sh!tty Saturday

Wow. 83 in a 55. Sucks that you weren't even guilty of it. As you know, at this point, it's your word against his, and the odds are that courts will side with the prosecution. Best bet is to find yourself a good lawyer if you can afford one, or at the very least go into court for a plea. Good luck.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:38 AM
2nd Gear

well my friend that was with me, as we were riddin' and i was on the phone he was like theres a cop coming our way and i looked back and i see him i'm like WTF, and my friend was like what the hell we getting pulled over for, i was like i have no clue so i got him as a witness hopefully that might help me out

Old 06-13-2005, 12:33 PM
1st Gear

http://www.speedingticket.net/board/nopoints.pdf

Definitely call a lawyer to represent you in court.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

did you ask to see the clocked speed on radar? really sorry to hear that. bad thing is that with your past record, youre guilty till proven innocent. good luck

Old 06-13-2005, 12:47 PM
2nd Gear

no i did not ask to see the radar or laser, but he probably clocked someone else that was hauling *** next to me in a left lane but was too lazy to go get him so hell pull my *** over, 20 year old driving a nice car......why not, pull up my record and give me a ticket becauseo f it which is buncha BS

Old 06-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

maybe your friend would testify that in court. (dress real nice & be real sweet) you politely say that in could not have been you since you have learned your lesson from before and would never do that again. (youve grown up & seen the light)

Old 06-13-2005, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

I would get a lawyer, the cost can be from $50 to a couple hundred. They will most likely get it down to a non-moving violation or get you to take driving school and reduce it to a warning on your record.

Plead NOT Guilty if you do not get a lawyer. Then it is up to the prosecutor to prove you are guilty, instead of you trying to prove you're innocent.

If you are not going to get a lawyer, consider the costs of your insurance rates raising and how much the speeding ticket is going to be already, usually a lawyer's cost is less than the costs of the ticket, court costs, and insurance rate hike.

Write down all of the things you can remember about the event right now, have your friend do the same, this way if you both go into court you can have matching stories. Read that .pdf file I posted for more things you might want to do or think of.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:08 PM
2nd Gear

well exactly i told that to a cop i was like cant you see that i just got my license back 3 weeks ago and i'm not stupid enough to do it again, and he's like well go to court and ask the judge to give you community service or something i was like alright see you in court, and yea my friend will go with me, but yea i'm a member of that legal pre payed services also so i might give my lawyer a call too thanks Jason

Old 06-13-2005, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

I don't have any experience with pre-paid legal, the only thing I know about it is it is based on MLM.

What I would do is look in the phone book for lawyer's who specialize in traffic violations. Call them up and ask them their fees and if they guarantee their services. The reason I say to look for the one's who specialize is because they are in/out of the courtroom with the same prosecutors everyday.

Call pre paid legal and some of the local lawyers and see what your options are. When is your hearing? I'm sure you have a week or two to get everything sorted out before going in.

GOod luck.

Quick Reply: My Sh!tty Saturday