Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need some advice (SERIOUS PLEASE)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 03:37 PM
4th Gear
Default Need some advice (SERIOUS PLEASE)

Ok, well alot of you don't know.... but I grew up my entire life without my father he left me & my mom when I was 2yrs old. When I was 12-13 he stood me up numerous times & he has 3-4 other kids. I am now 22yrs old (my father never helped me out emotionally or financially.)

My Mom called me and told me he got back with his "woman" and when he reutrned from work (hes a trucker) she took everything in his house. (he lives in texas) Funny thing is he did same thing to me when I was young I was 2 and my mom came home to apartment and everything was gone. Mean while im a little kid going where tv mommy where tv

Anyways--- Since he never paid child support my mom is "supporting/reccomending" I sue him for what he never paid/if at most the house in Texas.

Which if I got the house that's over 100,00gs I'm not a lawyer and I dont know how current laws work. THe internet is a powerful tool and I will be doing research (just research) to look at my options.

What do you guys think...would it be a dick move to sue him? I mean if I got money that a BT upgrade all kidding aside I just need some friendly advice

-Paul aka Spiel

Old 02-15-2007, 03:46 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Need some advice (SERIOUS PLEASE)

That's a shi** situation you got there. If you can financially afford the lawsuit id go for it but it will be long and drawn out, with a lot of emotion's in the air. The pos deserves to get some kind of repercussion regarding his actions but i wouldn't be doing this to get car part's.This issomething you should be doing to get ahead in life (house or invest into something profitable) and if you feel that strongly about it go for it. G/L

Old 02-15-2007, 03:47 PM
4th Gear

Yeah I would totally invest money.... Im still doing research to see if its a viable option.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:51 PM
4th Gear

Another thing is the court's may see this as a meal ticket since you just now decided to do this after his last stunt. (is it provable he took everything) His lawyer is deff. going to lace into you about just being a greedy lil kid which is something you will have to prepare for. (know how to keep composure in the court)

Old 02-15-2007, 03:56 PM
4th Gear

Keep in mind though (me and my mother barely found out where he is located/living)

ORIGINAL: new2me

Another thing is the court's may see this as a meal ticket since you just now decided to do this after his last stunt. (is it provable he took everything) His lawyer is deff. going to lace into you about just being a greedy lil kid which is something you will have to prepare for. (know how to keep composure in the court)

Old 02-15-2007, 03:56 PM
4th Gear

I talked to a lawyer my boss refered me to when i was going to sue my mother. He is FEARED in the court's cause he's a real ball buster that get's things done. However if you better be 100% on your decision because once he start's there is no going back. Next time i talk to my boss ill PM you his name.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:59 PM
4th Gear

Thanks---
Well from what I was told so "far" by talking to one lawyer. We cant go back since my mom never filed an ORDER for child support. Its not like you can go back and be like PAY me. (which makes sense) Also, from what I am reading.... I really cant do anything the ball would be in my Moms court it so complicated since .
I live in IL--My mom lives in WI--and my dead beat dad lives in Texas.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:05 PM
4th Gear

Pretty much the same situation i was in. My mom forged my dad's "will" so and had everything in her name. I had like a month or something to contest it but i waited about a year when i seen her blowing all the $ on dumb things like cosmetic surgery, dead beat bf & now she cries broke! [:@]I believe in karma and it does come back to you eventually.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:07 PM
4th Gear

Don't know what to tell you, Paul- like most peeps (and myself) - they come from broken homes and either one or both parents are pos... Only rarely are both neither - but with that said...

You do what you feel you need to do, mate. But do it for a justifiable purpose - meaning if you are doing it for revenge purposes, then chalk it up as a learning experience and hope there is a vengeful God out there that will get him, or enough bad karma he'll bury himself...

Personally, everyone sues everyone now-a-days... I'd let it go and forget the bastard.

But if you do go for it - don't let it consume you. Again, go for what you feel is justifiable...

That's my two cents, mate... since you asked

Best of luck either way.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:07 PM
4th Gear

thier has to be something I can do---I know it.

Quick Reply: Need some advice (SERIOUS PLEASE)