Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Nightmare tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 05:55 AM
1st Gear
Default Nightmare tonight...

It was a nice Friday night and I had great time and very good dinner with my family.
It was chilly cold outside, but not too bad for a couple of deep breath to enjoy cool air.
I said "All right, time to get back home!" and my daughter replied " Where's the car???"
Gosh! My car disappeared.. gone....I parked here.... No kidding! Stolen?....No way! It's still brand new....

It didn't take much time before I recognized the situation.
I missed small blue plates placed on the wall, but there's no sign in front of parking slot where I parked.
It was too late, obviously. My car was towed away....I couldn't believe it, but it was a reality.
I called the number indicated on the signboard, asked where my car was, called a taxi,,,
That was OK, but,,,, the most disgusting thing was,,,,that's right, the towing fee!
I got annoyed with myself. I couldn't believe that was happened to me.
Actually I was caught in a trap. The taxi driver told me that they devide the towing fee fifty-fifty...
Considering very few signboards, open parking lot adjacent to very crowded parking area of the small plaza in downtown
with nice restaurants, I can clearly say, "They entrap innocent citizens."

Of course I got my car back shortly after, but it was a nightmare....[:'(][:@][:'(][:@][:'(][:@]

Thank you for listening.
Guys, who has a similar heartbreak, I'll let you speak out...

Old 12-03-2005, 06:14 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Nightmare tonight...

sorry to hear that, hopefully they didnt damage your car or anything

i rememeber one time i almost got towed i came in the nick of time
but the stupid parkin meter people still gave me a ticket
but the look of disapoinment on the tow truck driver was priceless though
ya punk *** im not gonna pay you, that tow truck driver wasted his time
he looked pissed thought but FUKK him
thank god also becasue they were gonna use a regular tow truck not a flat bed

Old 12-03-2005, 06:50 AM

Damn sorry to hear of your troubles... lots of places in my area have traps like that. Hate them. I got back to my car as someone began writing the ticket for the meter. My friend told me that until they place the ticket on your window.... you officially didn;t do anything wrong. So before they could put it down i got in and drove away... they just stared at me... got nothing.

Panda... likin the new sig.......

Old 12-03-2005, 01:03 PM
5th Gear

Yeah the towing fees get gnarly because of AWD... they don't need to use a flatbet, they have equipment and these little "wheelie" things that can tow an AWD car... but either way, it gets very pricy because of the extra time involved. I had to get my AWD talon towed about 5 or 6 times (go figure!) and it was at least 200 bucks a pop... thank God I had a roadside assistance card.

Old 12-03-2005, 02:46 PM
3rd Gear

Here's a good one for ya...

I was parked in my assigned spot at my apartment complex one day a few months ago. A friend of mine picked me up to hang out one day and when I got home, my car was not there! I started freaking out and immediately called the police to report it stolen. The cops showed up to take the report and as I'm talking to them, the apartment manager pulled up in her little golf cart. She asked if I was wondering where my car was like it was obvious or something. She said that they had repaved the parking lot and they towed all the cars that were parked in it to another spot of the apartment!!!! Without anyones consent. (The complex was about 3 months old.) I started freaking out and screaming and yelling at her and the cop said he couldn't do anything because it was on their property????? She takes me to where they dropped my car off and they put all the cars in a small area and I couldn't get it out until someone moved there car!!! Then I noticed that they had to pull my car out backwards to get it out of the spot and screwed up the brakes and then they cracked the bottom of my bumper! Since all apartment communities are ran by the mafia, it had been a total nightmare since then. I ended up taking them to court and getting the damages for the car, which I don't have any more. The part that sucks is that they design these leases so you have absolutely no way of getting out of them unless your apartment burns down or there is a tidal wave that washes the complex away. My lease finally came up and I was relocated back to Kansas City just a couple weeks ago. If it was my Audi, I think I would have had to kill someone.

Old 12-03-2005, 03:12 PM
1st Gear

It was a nightmare too. Sorry to hear that...
I checked out my car this morning because I couldn't see detail last night. Fortunately my car has no damage by towing.
What a relief....but I'll never ever forget about their face and attitude last night at their office. They don't care anything!
[>:][>:][>:]

Old 12-03-2005, 10:29 PM

Man ... glad things turned out alright.

Old 12-03-2005, 10:56 PM
3rd Gear

Could you get off on the fact that you could pretend that all the no parking signs were all covered in snow, and it was not feasable to try to find any as frostbite was setting in... is that gangrine? Can you smell almonds?

Old 12-03-2005, 11:18 PM
3rd Gear

Those guys are sharks! They don't mess around.

I've seen them move like 8 cars in 20 mins in Chicago. They just prowl around the city waiting to strike.

Old 12-04-2005, 04:43 AM
3rd Gear

Kids park on the grassy paddock near the senior lot all the time at my school. It's inevitable when you have oversold the lot by 100 cars, so all the seniors want to park in a lot that's 20% too small. So I took my dad's 4Runer to school for my single-period block day, and that day, coincidentally, is both the first day this year the lazy, tobacco and alcohol-selling "busters" at my school decide to look at the parking lot for unregistered vechicles. Another happy coincidence is that this special day is the day my uncle needs to be taken to dialysis by my dad in his 4Runner. Well, the car got towed in the hour it was parked there. Bad news.