Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

update: cooling system fiasco

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:05 AM
3rd Gear
Default update: cooling system fiasco

ok long story short... I barely have time to eat and sleep lately so I made a mistake and got my oil changed at Jiffy Roach (I know one of the guys that works there and he knows what he's doing). anyway I caught some half retarded pimply faced dude filling my coolant resevoirwith some liquid from a large black container. I screamed at him to stop but he kept going and the manager tried to ensure me that it was ok and they mix that stuff (pennzoil multi-car - yellow) with VW's, BMW'sand mercedes all the time. I said I didnt care and asked him if he even knew what kind of coolant was in my car... he didnt and I left and told him i would be back to have it taken care of.

I returned the next day and spoke toanother manager and we came to an agreement that if i brought the G12 he would do the flush ($89.95) for free. my question is should i trust these guys flushing my coolant?is there a machine involved with the flush that they would use (i worry because idont want them putting the g12 into there machine and having it mix with a trace amount of their pennzoil). should i just dothe flush myself? how long will it take? does anyone have a solid DIY fora flush on here?

My car is probly do for a flush I've owned it for 2.5 years and haven't gotten it done yetand I bought the G12 from VW ($20) so I have that. Should I take advantage of a free flush from them or just do it myself and make sureit dets done right?

Let me know all of youropinions. And feel free to flame... I know Jiffy Roach sucks...

Old 06-29-2007, 10:54 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: update: cooling system fiasco

I'm sure that the machine can clean itself... as it would of been designed to be used with many different coolants.
Make sure they mix it properly with distilled water (not sure if the machine mixes it, or what...?).

And yeah... when they're done with this, make sure to never go back. Haha

Old 06-29-2007, 10:54 AM
4th Gear

Well you get what you pay for.

NEways the universal coolant is fine for are cars. My uncle owns a shop in ND and does a lot of work on VW's, that's what they put into them and never had a problem.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:33 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: new2me

Well you get what you pay for.

NEways the universal coolant is fine for are cars. My uncle owns a shop in ND and does a lot of work on VW's, that's what they put into them and never had a problem.
good to know I've asked a few people and gotten mixed reviews... I think I'm due for a flush anyway so I may as well take advantage of the free service. I haven't had a problem yet I just remember reading "G12 only" or full flush and refill with yellow. Never mix. It says G12 on the cap but I doubt the kid filling it was able to read...