Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

nitro gas rc car

Old 12-29-2005, 01:55 AM
3rd Gear
Default nitro gas rc car

any one else have one of these?? i just got myself a nitro/gas hpi savage 25 monster truck for christmas, and i must say it is the coolest present i ever got(myself). the thing is sick fast and could jump almost anything. it is an expensive hobby though, as i already want to buy some mods for it. any of u guys have any cool rc cars?

Old 12-29-2005, 03:01 AM
Default RE: nitro gas rc car

I've got the Duratrax Max st. Pretty fun stuff. They can take on a lot. Make sure you get the battery pack secure. If it crashes and the bat. pops out, the servos stay open and at full trottle it can be interesting to see what happens. Very fun toy to have. Got it 2 years ago and the only prob i have had is the gas tank... going to buy a new onbe when I get back from vacation. Have fun.

Old 12-29-2005, 03:06 AM
3rd Gear

on mine it has a skid plate cover that goes over the servos and battery pack so it dosent have that problem, do u have any mods done? what engine dose urse have?

Old 12-29-2005, 03:15 AM
4th Gear

...if they make a focus one... i'll buy it

never seen one besides vids though.

Old 12-29-2005, 03:17 AM
2nd Gear

I've had so many down the years, I can't even remember them all. most notably, I do remember the 1/6th scale MotorSport Elise, the Traxxas E-Maxx that I did some crazy things to (RWD conversion, all sorts of different motors, 14 cell batteries, and in the end I was trying to convert it to have 4 motors, 28 cells, and two speed controls, but I never finished that), Losi XXX-NT Adam Drake Edition, and a GS Storm 1/8th scale off road buggy.

The ones I still have right now are here (forgive me, I like pictures).

Team Losi XXX-S Graphite Plus electric AWD radio control racecar. It's equipped with a Trinity 10x1 Tri-Rotor Motor (stupid fast), Novak Cyclone C2 speed control, Novak Xxtra synthesized reciever, and a JR 8417 Digital Ultra Speed steering servo.

Team Associated RC12 1/12th scale pan car.

X-Ray T-1 Raycer. Solid front spool, adjustable tension one way center layshaft, underdrive front pulley (so it's RWD until the back tires spin, then AWD kicks in).

Now we have the pimp daddy mack of all R/C cars. Team Trinity Reflex NT 1/10th scale Nitro Touring car. Every upgrade available. Aluminum brake arm, aluminum wheel hubs, aluminum bodied ride height adjustable dampers, Centax adjustable clutch, 2 horsepower two-stroke Rossi engine (made in Italy), two-speed transmission, finned fuel filter, genuine K&N air filter, Fantom Works tuned pipe, MIP onboard digital temperature gauge, carbon fiber upper deck, shock towers, and battery tray, custom front undertray/belt protector, 4-mm milled chassis, sealed receiver box, drilled/slotted/true milled brake rotor, JR synthesized receiver, JR 8411 Digital Ultra Torque steering servo (with flames), HPI Racing X-Pattern tires (modeled after the Yokohama A032R) on high strength 7-spoke wheels, CV style axles, sealed gear differentials, three belt drive system, full time AWD. aluminum and stainless steel hardware kit, This is seriously the sickest R/C car you'll ever see. This thing will easily top 65-70 REAL (not scale) miles per hour. Handles like a housefly. Not for the faint of heart. MultiPlex 403 transmitter. The most capable transmitter on the market. It has dual-rate steering with quick access, built in lap timer with thumb button, exponential steering and throttle with quick access, 7 channel capability, 6 car memory, electronic trims, and adjustable throttle/brake trigger.

On to the pics.....

'Line, painted JGTC colors.....

RX-7, custom Candy Magnesium with silver and gold graphics.....

Supra, Kandy Apple Red and White, with chrome.....

Transmitter.....

Old 12-29-2005, 03:23 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

...if they make a focus one... i'll buy it
I'm not sure if this one is still available like this or not. Bodies are somewhat universal, so you can get whatever R/C chassis and put whatever body on it.

Old 12-29-2005, 03:25 AM
3rd Gear

damn u silver seven i knew u would have cool **** like this, jk.....that nitro car looks sikkkkkkkk. hey i got a few questions bout a few of ur mods. 1. i was in the shop today looking at one of those same phantom pipes u have on there. how do u like? sound/performance? and also the kN filter?

Old 12-29-2005, 03:42 AM
4th Gear

**** man! htat's all incredible!
that focus is amazing too... i'm really really thinking about it

Old 12-29-2005, 03:50 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: black991.8tq

1. i was in the shop today looking at one of those same phantom pipes u have on there. how do u like? sound/performance?
This pipe is pretty good, but it depends on what you want from the engine. This particular pipe is for bottom end power, helps me get off the line quicker. It's also steel rather than aluminum, which if you believe some, also makes a difference in power. This car was a dog until I changed the pipe and clutch out. Now it's almost too fast to drive on a track. And the sound is ungodly cool, but some of that is the crazy engine too, not just the pipe.

A pipe like this one (very similar to mine), with a straight belly and super short cones will make better low-end power.

A pipe like this one, very tapered with long cones, will make more top-end power, while sacrificing torque.

ORIGINAL: black991.8tq

and also the kN filter?
I think that was sold for the T-Maxx trucks, I'm not sure. I just remember that it needed an adapter to fit the fairly small carb that it was intended for, but it fits the huge *** Rossi carb beautifully. And I must say, at least in an on-road car it works great. I have over two gallons of fuel through this engine and it still has enough compression to get stuck on my super beefy starter box, which is almost unheard of with finicky Italian engines. Proper tuning helps that though.

Old 12-29-2005, 04:00 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

**** man! htat's all incredible!
that focus is amazing too... i'm really really thinking about it
It looks like they still make the Focus body http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm but I didn't see the Rally car kit that they used to sell with the body included. Even so, the Focus body would fit on almost every 1/10th car car made. You can get fairly good ones starting around $250 and up, nearly race quality. I think HPI makes a chassis called the Dash, which is much cheaper (albeit much slower) starting around $99, that the Focus body would fit on.

If you'd like to know more, just create a new topic with my name in the title, and I'll see what I can do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: nitro gas rc car