Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

nitro gas rc car

Old 12-29-2005, 04:06 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: nitro gas rc car

thanks for the info on the pipes, what about the ribbed pipes?? what r they good for?

Old 12-29-2005, 04:56 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

**** man! htat's all incredible!
that focus is amazing too... i'm really really thinking about it
It looks like they still make the Focus body http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm but I didn't see the Rally car kit that they used to sell with the body included. Even so, the Focus body would fit on almost every 1/10th car car made. You can get fairly good ones starting around $250 and up, nearly race quality. I think HPI makes a chassis called the Dash, which is much cheaper (albeit much slower) starting around $99, that the Focus body would fit on.

If you'd like to know more, just create a new topic with my name in the title, and I'll see what I can do.
bookmarked

definitely on my todo list.
i gotta wait for my need for speed: most wanted obsession to die down before i start another
btu thanks for the research man!

Old 12-29-2005, 05:02 AM
4th Gear

this is gonna be sooooo tough. i want the focus bad... but...

Old 12-29-2005, 05:04 AM
4th Gear

I had a modded gt2, emphasis on had. Wrecked it and the steering system was done. No more gt2.

Old 12-29-2005, 05:04 AM
4th Gear

they have models of one of my favorte rims?
MONEY

Old 12-29-2005, 05:42 AM
4th Gear

Have you bought the focus yet man?

Old 12-29-2005, 05:58 AM
2nd Gear

I've gone through two RC cars, and have two now, but they never get used.

My first car was a Tamiya Electric TA03 Chassis with an Audi B5 Body. That was a pretty sick car, but every two weeks, the spur gear would strip out because it was garbage plastic and it was also like no other gear, so I couldn't just buy some other gear like it and make it work. It got so hard to find parts for it that I gave up on that car. From what I have heard, that specific chassis is a great RC drifting chassis because it is front engine/AWD, but the rear end is really light weight.

My second car was a real beast. It was a 1/8th off road Duratrax Nitro Demon stadium truck, with a .21 engine. It was a little too much for me as my first RC car. The two major problems with it were the engine and my parents. I blew the motor once because I reved it too high on WOT for too long and threw the con rod and ripped out the internals. At first I wanted to try and rebuild the engine, but something seized the sleeve inside the block so I bought a new engine instead. My parents were the other problem. My dad was driving it around once and forgot to put the antenna up and drive it off. The signal faded not far from him after he just started his first WOT pass. It ended up zipping 50 yards down the street, meanwhile jumping over a speed bump, and finally coming to rest against someone's house. The body cracked, busted the lower chassis plate, and the entire front bulkhead (suspension included) and front diff were toast. It also severly warped the upper chassis plate. My dad apoligized and bought me parts. My mom ran it over by accident and busted the entire front right suspension rig, steering, warped some screws. She also paid up.

Currently, I have an HPI Nitro RS4 2 with a porsche 911 body, a full HPI engine treatment (new head, piston/sleeve, crank, and carb), and quite a few other little bits that make it great. It runs on a JR Racing 3-channel FM computer radio. This car was free. I borrowed it from a nice gentlemen down the street (he had 5 other cars as well), and before I could return it to him, he disapeared. I never heard from him again, although I made a real effort to find him.

The last car I got was an HPI Nitro ST 4x4. All stock, but it was really fun to thrash around in dirt lots and such. A few months after I got that, I lost interest in RC and got into airsoft guns.

Still doing that now, and actually just bought myself a new gun last week. I'll post a thread if anyone is interested.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:30 AM
3rd Gear

i broke my first part today, 3/4 throttle into a pole broke my front bumper/skid plate. so now i hafta upgrade to a metal one.

Old 12-30-2005, 06:09 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: flyboy

Have you bought the focus yet man?
real or RC?

Old 12-30-2005, 06:11 AM
4th Gear

the RC. I thought you said you had the real one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: nitro gas rc car