Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The official RECIPE thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 03:59 AM
2nd Gear
Exclamation The official RECIPE thread.

So ok I know that this sounds like a very girl thread to start but I know there are lots of guys out there that LOVE to cook/grill/etc. Anyone care to share any really good recipes???

I am putting this one up for you guys since it is a very guy type of recipe:

BRONCO BURGER:

INGREDIENTS:

* 5 fresh jalapeno peppers
* 4 pounds ground beef
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup steak sauce, (e.g. Heinz 57)
* 1/4 cup minced white onion
* 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
* 1 pinch dried oregano
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/4 cup crushed Fritos® corn chips
* 8 large potato hamburger buns
* 8 slices pepperjack cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, roast the jalapeno peppers until blackened on all sides. Place in a plastic bag to sweat and loosen the blackened skin. Rub the skin off, then seed if desired, and chop.
2. In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, steak sauce, onion, hot pepper sauce, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and Fritos®. Divide into 8 *****, and flatten into patties.
3. Grill patties for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, or until well done. I always drink one beer, then flip, drink another beer, then remove from the grill and place on buns. Top each one with a slice of pepperjack cheese and pig out!

Old 06-18-2006, 04:00 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: The official RECIPE thread.

Chef, you MUST have somthign to say about this thread!?!?!?

Old 06-18-2006, 04:02 AM
Site Moderator

Lipton burger. Follow directions on the side of the Lipton onion soup mix.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:05 AM

What!!! A girly thread!!!

I'm totally offended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

This is my life's work you're talking about!!!!!!!

Enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yet???

I'll let you in on a steak marinade that I shared with another endeared AF member, but just ask if you want anything else. I'm willing to share as much as my fingers and time allows.

1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar, good stuff
1/2 cup Worcestershire, Lea & Perrins Only
1/2 cup Soy Sauce, Low-Sodium is best
1 red onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 T. Italian Seasoning
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
2 T. Sugar

Blend well and marinate steak 2 hours to overnight.

Enjoy!!!

Chef, yes, really, a Certified Executive Chef

Old 06-18-2006, 04:09 AM
2nd Gear

OOOHHHH i didn't realize you actually were a chef! Ha, now i feel dumb.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:23 AM

ORIGINAL: lauren5757

OOOHHHH i didn't realize you actually were a chef! Ha, now i feel dumb.
Lauren,

How could I do anything but hold you in high esteem for starting a thread that I should have done long ago. I just hope that I don't offend you if I post too many times. I will try and not flame anyone that posts here. Just leave your best or ask questions for a recipe needed.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:34 AM
2nd Gear

Well I figured this would be a good off-topic thread that would actually benefit people.... I have some wonderful recipes but they are out in the kitchen in my recipe book and don't want to get up to get them tonight. I love to cook and bake and all stuff that is homemade, I don't claim to bake and then make stuff that is half box-cake or whatever.

Chef--- do you have any good cheesecake recipes? My boyfriend is obsessed with cheesecakes!!! It drives me insane. I always want to try other recipes and then I ask him what he wants and it's always a cheescake! So I'm always trying to find new cheesecake recipes to make it a little bit more interesting.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Hey chef.. I need some ideas for some really healthy but really tasty foods.. got any ideas?

Old 06-18-2006, 04:54 AM

Okay, ladies first. I make the best cheesecake and I'll tell you how. Redgoat, if you want healthy then you'll need to move to California and room with my wife. She is the queen of healthy. Really, be more specific and I'll give you something. Healthy doesn't do much for me. Eat fresh vegetable, fruits, and complex carbs like brown rices, etc. Keep is smart, balanced, and take sugars and refined foods in moderation.

Cheesecake. MMMMMMMMMMM, cheesecake.

Here is the basic:

3 big rules of cheesecake:

1) make sure that the crust is pushed down firm along the sides and bottom of the springform pan and freeze the crust while making the other ingredients to solidify the butter.
2) make sure that everything is very smooth on each ingredient addition when making the filling.
3) cook the cheesecake in a very slow oven over a water bath to avoid it cracking.

Chef B's Cheesecake

1 box Nilla Wafers, 12 oz, Crushed
6 T. Butter, melted

32 oz Cream Cheese, Philadelphia Brand - Regular
1 1/2 cup Sugar
3 T. Flour, All-Purpose
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Grated Lemon Rind
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract, Pure
5 each Eggs, Large
1/4 cup Heavy Cream

Set oven to 450 degrees. Mix butter into Nilla Waffers until thoroughly coated. Press crumbs into a springform pan very well until firmly set on sides and bottom of pan. Place pan in freezer. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until very creamy. Add sugar, flour, salt, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and beat until well blended. Add eggs one at a time and blend well, scraping down the sides after each addition. Blend in the cream. Add the cheese mixture to the pan and place in a water bath in the oven. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, and at 250 degrees for an additional 70-80 minutes or until the center is set. Cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight before serving.

I can add variations and toppings in additional posts.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:59 AM
2nd Gear

yay ok i'll print it tomorrow and try it out on him next time i see him....

maybe you should start charging for your services..... maybe this thread is going to be a major pain in the @ss for you

Quick Reply: The official RECIPE thread.