Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The official RECIPE thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 05:00 AM
Administrator
Default RE: The official RECIPE thread.

damn keep them coming!!!

Best way to cook chicken?

Old 06-18-2006, 05:19 AM

Okay,

The new charge for viewing this thread is a vote for Chef, well, make that Kelly, in the ROTM thread. I just can handle another A4 winning the competition.

Chicken, cooked it until it's done or else you'll end up with camplibactor, samonilla, or shigellia (sp?). 165 degrees internal temperature. There are SOOOOOO many chicken recipes. Let me finish up with the cheesecake variations, then I'll tackle at least one chicken recipe for you.

Chocolate Amaretto:

Same cheesecake as above, with the following exceptions:

Prepare the cheesecake as above until the addition of the heavy cream. Instead, take 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 12oz of your favorite chocolate like Ghiradelli, etc. and blend in a saucepan over low heat until just melted and blended. Add 1/4 cup of a good Amaretto and blend well. Fold the chocolate mixture into the cheesecake mixture and cook as before.

Top with your favorite strawberry or raspberry topping. Fresh berries and cheesecake are the best. To make a berry sauce, just blend the berries, sugar, and a little water in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the berries break down. Taste and adjust sugar as necessary. Adding a good liquour or vanilla will enhance the flavor.

Cool the sauce and serve on the side with additional fresh berries.

Enjoy!

Chef

Old 06-18-2006, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Lauren, thanks for being the genious that thought of making this thread..

Old 06-18-2006, 05:27 AM
2nd Gear

You are welcome... it's all due to not sleeping again!

Cheesecake recipes sound awesome Chef!

Other people should add their favorite recipes though. We shouldn't just force Chef to keep posting his.

Old 06-18-2006, 05:31 AM

Redgoat,

Sorry but I'll have to add the Chicken recipe in the morning. I'm tired and need my beauty sleep for Father's Day. I'll be spending all day relaxing and watching tv you know. LOL

Thanks for understanding and I promise to add cool recipes for as long as this thread exists. I just can't do them all in one night. I might limit the posts to 1-2 recipes daily. I don't type very fast and that is all I can bare at one time.

Thanks for understanding.

Chef.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:48 PM

Okay, here is a chicken recipe out of my head. Please feel free to adjust as you like.

Coq au Vin - of sorts

8 Chicken Thighs with Skin on
2 T. Olive Oil
1 each Onion, sweet - Vidallia, Walla Walla, 1015, Maui, etc. - Diced
4 each Tomatoes, vine ripe - fresher the better for flavor, and please don't refrigerate
4 cloves Garlic, minced
2 cups Red Wine - Make it good since this will be a huge flavor factor.
1/2 oz Fresh Basil, Chiffonade - sliced very thinly
1/2 oz Fresh Oregano, chopped
1 each Bay leaf
Sea Salt
Freshly ground Black Pepper

Wash and pat the chicken pieces dry. Be careful to clean and sanitize all areas that the chicken came in contact with, including your hands. (friendly chefs warning) Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a oven-safe stock pot, with a tight fitting lid, put pan on high heat and add olive oil, then chicken pieces skin side down. Sear the chicken on both sides for 30 seconds or until browned nicely. Remove from pan and reserve for later use. In hot stock pot add onions and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and tomatoes. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes, or until the tomatoes break down fully and most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the wine, scraping everything off of the bottom of the pan. Add herbs, salt, pepper, and place the chicken back in the pan, skin side up. The liquid mixture should almost entirely cover the chicken in the pan. Adjust liquid with wine, etc. or adjust pan size if needed. Top pan with the lid and place in the oven for approximately 35-45 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Pull the chicken from the pan and let rest for 10 minutes prior to service. Adjust the seasoning and consistency of the sauce on the stove top by reducing the liquid, adding more wine, skimming off the fat, or however needed. Serve chicken topped with a little sauce and enjoy!

Old 06-18-2006, 10:34 PM
2nd Gear

I love cassaroles. This one's my favorite.

SAUSAGE UPSIDE-DOWN CORNBREAD CASSAROLE

1 lb. sausage
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
2 tbsp flour
1 cup (6 oz.) tomato paste
1 tsp chili powder
4 oz. cheddar cheese, cubed into 1/2" squares
1 small can sliced olives
1 small package corn muffin mix.

Cook sausage, onions, bell pepper in skillet till sausage is crumbly & brown
Stir in flour, tomato paste and chili powder
Remove skillet from heat; add cheese and olives.
Transfer mixture into cassarole dish - approx 10-12" square or rectangular.
Prepare cornbread mix per directions, and spread on top of the sasuage mixture.
Bake in oven @ whatever time / temperature the cornbread instructions call for.
When done, loosen around the edges with a knife, flip upside down onto serving platter.

Old 06-19-2006, 04:45 AM
4th Gear

Peanut butter and Crack sandwitch. HAHAAHA.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:06 AM
Administrator

i think its safe to say CHEF OWNS THIS THREAD

Old 06-19-2006, 12:39 PM
2nd Gear

I think we're going to need to make Chef the Moderator of this thread so he can "modify" recipes as needed!!

Quick Reply: The official RECIPE thread.