Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The official RECIPE thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 01:07 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: The official RECIPE thread.

ORIGINAL: flyboy

Peanut butter and Crack sandwitch. HAHAAHA.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

MY FAVORITE!!

Old 06-19-2006, 01:20 PM

I think that the Peanut Butter and Crack needs to be categorized as a breakfast food or possible a late night snack. Maybe it should have a warning attached as well? Definitely a "quick" way to start the morning! I love it.

Maybe I should also share a favorite of a guy that my wife works with. He toasts an English muffin and spreads strawberry jam on it and tops it with canned tuna. Absolutely revolting, but he enjoys it. He is also Nigerian and eats poor quality goat that I swear had the fur still attached. To each their own. I don't want to be a moderator, but I'll contribute my favorites and answer questions.

Cheers!

Chef

Old 06-19-2006, 01:38 PM
2nd Gear

goat with fur still attached?? must be an acquired taste! [:'(]

Old 06-19-2006, 02:21 PM
2nd Gear

Here is a recipe for shrimp scampi that I make for Christmas Eve that my family really loves:

You need shrimp, cleaned, extra virgin olive oil, butter, garlic, parsely, lemon juice, parmisan cheese, seasoned bread crumbs, oregano and cooking sherry.

Start with the oil, butter and garlic, the amounts are up to you, the more you use the more 'sauce' you have.
I use sourt of a wok style pan, easire to turm shrimp.

So in goes the oil, butter, garlic, sautee briefly, then add the shrimp, cook until they just start to turn pink, then flip over
add the lemon juice, parsely, s&p, grated parmisan cheese, oregano, bread crumbs and finally the sherry.

Cook until both sides of shrimp are just pink, they will cook a little even after they are removed from the pan.

I do one batch at a time until all the shrimp are cooked. You can serve over pasta or rice. If you need more 'sauce' just do a batch without the shrimp.

Enjoy!!!

Old 06-19-2006, 02:24 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

English muffin and spreads strawberry jam on it and tops it with canned tuna...poor quality goat that I swear had the fur still attached.

MMMMMMMM, that sounds better the PB&C!

Old 06-20-2006, 10:01 PM

Okay, this thread needs a little re-birth.

Something simple that everyone does, made better.

Chef's French Toast

Loaf of French Bread, sliced 1" thick, a little stale works best - But you can use whatever you like
3 each Eggs, Large
1/2 c. Milk, although half & half or eggnog work well too
2 T. Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract, pure
1/2 tsp Almond extract
2 T. Orange Juice Concentrate, Frozen before blended with water (make juice with the rest)
1 T. Ground Cinnamon, either fresh, Korinth, or a quality cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg, Freshly ground. Omit if not fresh.
Butter for cooking

In a bowl whisk eggs for 1-2 minutes until very light and pale yellow. Add remaining ingredients and blend well. Preheat an electric skillet to 350 degrees or a fry pan on medium heat. Melt a little butter in skillet to coat the bottom. Dip the bread in the egg mixture until it starts to absorb the liquid. It will be longer, the more stale the bread is you're using. Place the bread in the skillet and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until golden, flip and repeat. Remove and enjoy.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Site Moderator

Jason's Speacial Grilled Cheese for Speacial People:

Make it with cheddar cheese, when bread is starting to get toasted on the skillet dump some Red Hot hot suace in there and continue to cook until bread is almost burt....Its good ****. Light a candle and voila.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:29 PM
2nd Gear

holy sh*t, you're name is jason?????????

wow, i would have never guessed

mmm grilled cheese, a year ago i went on a grilled cheese and tomato soup binge..... right after i quit the atkins diet..... grilled cheese was better than a gourmet meal after that crappy diet

Old 06-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Administrator

that french toast sounds like something im about to do tomorrow morning

Old 06-20-2006, 10:49 PM
5th Gear

damn that french toast sounds ridiculous...i'll have to try those one of these days...i don't know about the orange juice part though, no offense, chef.

Quick Reply: The official RECIPE thread.