Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

photos~ (please dont move)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 12:24 PM
1st Gear
Default photos~ (please dont move)

I know i know this doesnt belong but im begging for peoples opinions. so if you like looking at pictures go to my website its http://www.steezula.com i have everywere from cars to land to snowboard to motocross and even VIDDEOSS! please check it out and tell me what you think! thanks

ian

Old 07-08-2006, 12:53 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: photos~ (please dont move)

You're night shots are amazing. That's some really good stuff. What kind of camera are you using?

I have a friend of mine who is currently at BYU, Chealsea Nalder, do you know her?

Old 07-08-2006, 01:00 PM
2nd Gear

Why did'nt you post this in off topic to begin with?

OT rulesssss

Old 07-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Site Moderator

moving to OT - this will get attention in OT

Old 07-08-2006, 08:52 PM
1st Gear

karlmarx: hey thankyou for ur kind words. i have a new Canon 30d DSLR and i do not know this girl you speak of do you want to pm me her emaiL? thanks ian

Old 07-08-2006, 11:24 PM
2nd Gear

They're technically proficient, but the composition just kind leaves me cold. There's not much attitude, or mystery.

One thing I notice that would help a lot with you "object" photos is fiddling with the F-setting. You seem to be shooting with the lowest F-stop, giving you a depth of field that's ridiculously shallow. When you want to draw the eye to one particular part of a photo, that's a good thing, like in your Droplets and Old Pink shots, bu in others, especially Hoops, Creeps, and To My Friend, it singles one part of the shot too much. If you use a higher numerical F-setting, you can get a longer DOF, and make for better settings.

The "scenes" page is good, but the rest just don't do anything for me.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:29 AM
1st Gear

do you go to highnorth? well first off do you freestyle ski, those were some sick shots you had, saw some nice truck drivers . i went to mt. hood for 2 weeks at the beginnning of summer, it'd be awesome to have another freestyler on the forums.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:56 AM
5th Gear

look good to me! i agree with silver on the depth comments though, mess with the f-setting and see what you can do with that. my favorite is "scary" in the night shots

Old 07-09-2006, 04:25 AM
1st Gear

htanks and about the f/ settings i know wut the depth of field is i justl ike haveing certain things to stand out i know hat some are not great im 18 and i have had the DSLR for aobut 2 weeks. so thanks for the comments tho much appreciated

ian

Old 07-09-2006, 04:40 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: atticusx03

htanks and about the f/ settings i know wut the depth of field is i justl ike haveing certain things to stand out i know hat some are not great im 18 and i have had the DSLR for aobut 2 weeks. so thanks for the comments tho much appreciated

ian
take is as constructive criticism..2 weeks and you've already got a website up? that's not bad at all! you've got plenty of time to develop your skills..you should definitely stick with it though.

Quick Reply: photos~ (please dont move)