Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Right Car for the Right Dog...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Default The Right Car for the Right Dog...

So for years, I've been driving crapola. Dodge/Chrysler and Lincoln. Don't get me wrong, the run like hell at 200,000+ miles on each with little problems, but lacking in engineering, functionality, safety, style, power, handling.... oh my, what else is there? ..... Anywho, so I have a German Shepherd Dog. He's always been a handful in cars, whining and carrying-on about stuff while driving down around town. It gets annoying after a while (unless you are on the highway, then it's sleepy time).

So I buy a 2008 A8L. [Which by the way, my friends think I'm crazy for buying this car and then putting a dog in it! What the hell are they thinking?] Anywho, The L part was strictly for the dog's comfort. He's a German Shepherd with the legs of a Great Dane. Go figure (and yes, his "just-in" DNA test shows he's all Shepherd). After getting the car, and a cover from www.caninecovers.com and some other goodies for his comfort, he got in the back seat and sat proudly - with his own 6+ A/C vents, leather and Alcatan, rich wood trim, and all the other amenities. In the 8 or so rides he has had in the back of this car, in the past 3 weeks since it rolled off the Flemington Audi parking lot, he has done nothing but sit quietly and respectfully and doesn't slobber all over the windows. Even when I stopped for fuel - I rolled the windows down and started pumping gas and he sat quietly and didn't hang out the window like some white trash doggie. I'd swear he just sits there thinking "I have my own A/C, which I like - Das Gut".... "now this is my car, it's German, like me - which is Das Gut". "It's Black and Tan, like me - which is Das Gut". The funny part is I never knew that he knows how to Spreken zie Deutsch.

It must be the right car for the right dog...

Last edited by GSD_Transporter; 09-07-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:26 AM

wtf.......

Old 09-08-2008, 04:32 AM
3rd Gear

this is a lesson in humility, GWB! Other people have their own interests! Even if it is putting a dog in a very nice expensive car (something I personally would never do!)

Old 09-08-2008, 07:46 AM

ssbaudi - You may or may not agree, but you were still able to recognize, comprehend, and identify the philosophical and personal insight including the humor in this off-topic post! Way to go!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:14 AM
3rd Gear

Haha glad the dog likes it. I wont even let my dog in my 99 A4 or even the previous 1990 RX-7. Too much fur to clean up and to sharp of claws. At first I thought your post was a fake because it was written almost too well haha but I thank you as I was sitting here trying to think of what to write for posting an 02 Camry on Autotrader and your good writing gave me some thoughts.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:32 AM
1st Gear

I use to haul 2 Great Pyrenese in my allroad.My brother has an English Cocker that travels on the road with us.I value a good dog more than a good interior.If the dog is trained well you have any problems.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by ssbaudi
this is a lesson in humility, GWB! Other people have their own interests! Even if it is putting a dog in a very nice expensive car (something I personally would never do!)
What did you mean by a lesson in humility ??? I understand the post....just not something I would do. I work very hard for my loot and my biggest pet peeve is having something nice and someone or something coming along and not making it look so nice anymore.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

My black lab rides in my S4 all the time and loves it. He also rides in the chicks brand new tt. He is fairly well trained and therefore doesn't screw any thing up. but everyone gets there own choices on what to do. And I agree letting a dog ride in a nice car is hard to do. But nice buy on a good car GSD.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:34 PM
4th Gear

i dont let my dog in the car.... i dont want her claws to tear up the leather... haha

Old 09-08-2008, 07:23 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by GHETTOxWHITExBOY
What did you mean by a lesson in humility ??? I understand the post....just not something I would do. I work very hard for my loot and my biggest pet peeve is having something nice and someone or something coming along and not making it look so nice anymore.
Not everyone feels the same as you.