Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

RS TT unheard of around here.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default RS TT unheard of around here.

A few weeks ago I saw an RS TT parked outside of this German autobody shop and I relised I havent even heard of an RS TT before. Did you guys know they exhisted?

Old 01-04-2007, 08:08 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: RS TT unheard of around here.

i'm pretty sure they don't...sounds kinda like a type-r accord or maybe a nismo altima

Old 01-04-2007, 08:10 PM
2nd Gear

Thought the RSTT is going to have the 5 cylinder turbo motor in it, or u asking if there is ani in US yet?

Old 01-04-2007, 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: bentframe

i'm pretty sure they don't...sounds kinda like a type-r accord or maybe a nismo altima
oh there is like 5 type-r accords in billings, same with type -r civics, but they have all been converted left hand drive and ahve hella stickers, fvcking ricers here.

sweet they came out with a nismo altima, when do they come out with the nismo titan??

Old 01-04-2007, 08:26 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: JP A4

ORIGINAL: bentframe

oh there is like 5 type-r accords in billings, same with type -r civics, but they have all been converted left hand drive and ahve hella stickers, fvcking ricers here.

sweet they came out with a nismo altima, when do they come out with the nismo titan??
I think the point he was trying to make is that 99% of the time, the Type-R Hondas you see are not genuine Type-Rs, but rather regular Civics and Accords with Type-R stickers or badges, nothing else. Just like when you see Nismo Altimas, to my recollection, there was never an official Nismo version here. But people still put Nismo stickers on bcause it makes them feel special. The guy with the TT probably did the same thing, just put RS badges on a regular TT. I'veeven seen guys with the318ti (the hatchback)put M3 badges on.

The sad part is, these people doesn't realize that anyone who would CARE that it was an RS or an M or a Nismo, knows it's not, and anyone who could be fooled into thinking it was, probably doesn't care or even know what that would mean.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:30 PM
4th Gear

Audi is planning the release of the TT-S in '07 and a TT-RS in '08

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ndex/make=audi

Old 01-04-2007, 09:14 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: KiloByte

A few weeks ago I saw an RS TT parked outside of this German autobody shop and I relised I havent even heard of an RS TT before. Did you guys know they exhisted?
If you ever see it again please snap some pics! [sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Here's a little more about it

Old 01-04-2007, 09:23 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

I think the point he was trying to make is that 99% of the time, the Type-R Hondas you see are not genuine Type-Rs, but rather regular Civics and Accords with Type-R stickers or badges, nothing else. Just like when you see Nismo Altimas, to my recollection, there was never an official Nismo version here. But people still put Nismo stickers on bcause it makes them feel special. The guy with the TT probably did the same thing, just put RS badges on a regular TT. I'veeven seen guys with the318ti (the hatchback)put M3 badges on.
thanks for clarifying that for me, that's exactly what i meant

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

The sad part is, these people doesn't realize that anyone who would CARE that it was an RS or an M or a Nismo, knows it's not, and anyone who could be fooled into thinking it was, probably doesn't care or even know what that would mean.
EXACTLY!!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 09:24 PM
1st Gear

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WlDLybhuOH0

i don't even need to try and explain... i just dont know.

but i think this is a guideline about people owning "RS" TTs

Old 01-04-2007, 11:17 PM
4th Gear

Nice vid!!^^^

I don't think I've ever been around anyone that stupid about cars before - or notpeople that were willing to talk about it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS TT unheard of around here.