Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Runners

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 06:30 AM
3rd Gear
Default Runners

So, I know we're all a bunch of lazy guys, but every now and then we feel the need to run or go to the gym. That being said, I run, I have been a Nike guy since I started runnig and the best shoe for half marathon so far had been the Nike Zoom Jasari, weighs less than a feather and fits very comfortable, also is almost flat and provides good cushion.

Today, I went to the store and found this guy, is called the brooks launch, and even though it has a fat sole it fits nice, is light but the front feels vague. Now I'm 5'9" and weigh 170 pounds, so anyone with a similar weigh/height ratio has anything to say about these shoes? or just anyone in general? I know they are bright orange, the Zoom Jasari I have are yellow/red/blue/black, so I like bright colors for running.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:13 AM
6th Gear

don't know about that shoe personalty but I swear by brooks, they are the only running shoe I will use. (been a long distance and track sprinter)

Old 10-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

i just switched my workout shoe to brooks trance 9

after i resolved the blister issue on my heels (from improper lacing), i like how they fit.
comfortable.
of course i won't know the total impact on the feet/knees/hips for about another month or so. it takes a while for me to understand how a shoe can impact your step and therefore cause other problems.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:10 AM
5th Gear

i usually buy basketball sneakers but last time i bought a pair of underarmour sneakers and i gotta say they are rocking. i generally do all kinds of stuff in my sneakers like run, play basketball, football, lift and aerobics. i gotta say i've never bought another pair of shoes that felt better. even though they're pretty much destroyed by now, they still smell new lol

Old 10-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Guru

Vibram FiveFingers for the win.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Zombie Defense Force

6 foot here and about 170 i use these
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/
run a mile a day after working out and about an hour or so of racquetball ball. they take some getting used to but i swear by them. great traction, very light and its less painful for me to run in them.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:43 PM
3rd Gear

So I broke them in today with a light jog, 9 miles no blisters and went off road for like 2 of them, they felt weird on the front though, I don't think I can hold them for more than 20 miles but I'll see. I still like Nike Jassari, too bad I cannot get them from Nike ID anymore.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:57 PM
5th Gear

i didnt realize people put that much thought into shoes. Im on the opposite end of the spectrum. Last time I bought shoes, which was almost 3 years ago, i went into the shoe store, picked out a pair of Pumas, because they were black with orange stitching and laces and I thought it looked good, and I was set. Then they told me it was buy a pair get a pair free, so I grabbed a pair of adidas, because they were black/gray with some yellow accents, and I thought it looked cool. Was heading to the counter when they asked if I was gonna try them on.
'Size 9, right?'
'yeah',
'then I'm good'.
Turns out the adidas are actually 8.5's, but whatev..

Old 10-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by Jeff
6 foot here and about 170 i use these
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/
run a mile a day after working out and about an hour or so of racquetball ball. they take some getting used to but i swear by them. great traction, very light and its less painful for me to run in them.
You has it right. Too bad the Air Force doesn't allow fivefingers.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:00 AM
3rd Gear

Those five toe ones look funky.

Achttung, the only shoes I put thought into are running ones, I really just buy anything to go out as long as it fits and looks alright.

Quick Reply: Runners