Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Runners

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 02:35 AM

Personally, I use New Balance 1223's and I've been really happy with them. I believe the 1223 is an older model that has been replaced by the 1224.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

Are you looking for training shoes, flats, or racing shoes? For training, the Air Max Moto and Air Pegasus (any gen for either) are my personal favorites as I am a Nike guy as well. I am also 5'9" 5'10" and 175lbs. For flats and/or racing the Zoom Streak or the Marathoner are both good lightweight and comfortable. I also have wide feet, so these are the few Nike shoes that I will run in because of the fact that Nike shoes are built on a narrow foot than mine.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

those shoes that i thought i loved so much are giving me blisters again on my heels.
i've got those suckers laced up as tight as i can stand around the top....but i guess my heel is still sliding.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by S4sweetee
those shoes that i thought i loved so much are giving me blisters again on my heels.
i've got those suckers laced up as tight as i can stand around the top....but i guess my heel is still sliding.
Have you tried using inserts to help prevent the blisters you are getting? I know some people that have had inserts solve that problem. Another thing to consider would be getting some running socks that have a thicker heel section to help with that also.

Last edited by S4sweeteeteeRS; 10-06-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:05 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
i didnt realize people put that much thought into shoes. Im on the opposite end of the spectrum. Last time I bought shoes, which was almost 3 years ago, i went into the shoe store, picked out a pair of Pumas, because they were black with orange stitching and laces and I thought it looked good, and I was set. Then they told me it was buy a pair get a pair free, so I grabbed a pair of adidas, because they were black/gray with some yellow accents, and I thought it looked cool. Was heading to the counter when they asked if I was gonna try them on.
'Size 9, right?'
'yeah',
'then I'm good'.
Turns out the adidas are actually 8.5's, but whatev..

go run 500 miles (in a less then a year) in the wrong shoes and you'll never under appreciate a good pair of running shoes ever again.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:57 AM
3rd Gear

I already clocked 25 miles on these shoes since I bought them

S4Sweete, you need shoes that fit, not shoes that feel like they fit. Snug not tight.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Guru

I still say get fiverfingers. Jeff is right. They are awesome. I have a pair.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

Originally Posted by shortyxc
Have you tried using inserts to help prevent the blisters you are getting? I know some people that have had inserts solve that problem. Another thing to consider would be getting some running socks that have a thicker heel section to help with that also.
i have plastic orthodics for heel support that are underneath the shoe insert. i've always used them on my mizzuno shoes with no problems. since the first outbreak of the heel blisters, i've been taping mole skin there. the running socks i wear aren't the real thin ones and aren't real thick either.
i don't know what else to do except buy another brand.

Originally Posted by Dan1969
S4Sweete, you need shoes that fit, not shoes that feel like they fit. Snug not tight.
well i bought these at a running store, and was fitted by the owner who has run a gazillion marathons. they feel like they fit.
he even has me lacing the very top hole and then feeding the string a different way to keep the shoe snug around the very top.
like i said, i have the shoe laced as snug as is comfortable.
it's frustrating.

Last edited by S4sweeteeteeRS; 10-06-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:49 AM
3rd Gear

^^^ You know I've never been very fond of people tellint me what's right for me. But you should be able to tell sometimes, they might feel tight because you're used to comfy loose shoes all the time but they're really just snug. That's the way I fit mine and never got blisters since I started fitting them this way. Before I always got them like: well these feel like they fit and bam, blisters or shoes falling out (lol)

Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 AM
4th Gear

Sweetee,

Heel blisters and moleskin.......sexy........

Maybe you need some JJ Casuals the "Shoes that look like feet?

Last edited by railrunner; 10-06-2009 at 10:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Runners